Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Vanquish VXT-2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2024, 05:49 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Vanquish VXT-2

As long as these have been out, I dont see much on them. Havent noticed anyone local running them. I know they're huge, but any other opinions on them? How do they do when wet?

A few of our local comp spots are man made and have lots of axle grabber rocks. I was thinking of running them on those days at least. Get every little advantage that I can.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2024, 08:27 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Vanquish VXT-2

I like them they are soft and good grab... I don't comp and ran them only a bit on rain but they are certainly my best performers in my selection. I only ran them with the stock foam, but i assume these will be much better with the dual stage foams.
Speedy-Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 09:26 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy-Triple View Post
I like them they are soft and good grab... I don't comp and ran them only a bit on rain but they are certainly my best performers in my selection. I only ran them with the stock foam, but i assume these will be much better with the dual stage foams.
I ordered a set of takeoffs from a VRD Stance RTR from a guy on FB so they will have the dual stage foams and the plastic beadlocks. Figured for $75, they'd be worth a try.

My worst scores last year were on the man made courses. I was running a straight axle rig though. Portals + huge tires should help on those locations at least.
Old 01-08-2024, 09:35 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
I ordered a set of takeoffs from a VRD Stance RTR from a guy on FB so they will have the dual stage foams and the plastic beadlocks. Figured for $75, they'd be worth a try.

My worst scores last year were on the man made courses. I was running a straight axle rig though. Portals + huge tires should help on those locations at least.
Mine were second hand as well ... turks&Jerps actually... as you mentioned they are a taller than most of the tires on their bracket but they perform very well my backyard course its got a mix of everything, rocks, boulders, tree stumps and concrete gravel on pallets for climbs. they have been permanently installed on my 3 link straight axle capra and they certainly help with the clearance.
Speedy-Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 09:40 AM   #5

I have the smaller 4.65" VXT2 tires that came on the Fordyce RTR. They are surprisingly soft and sticky. I would be surprised if they didn't perform. There's a YouTuber that runs them on the sandpaper rocks out west. He said they grip well, but wear faster than the competition. I don't yet have any personal experience other than in my living room.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 12:57 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I have the smaller 4.65" VXT2 tires that came on the Fordyce RTR. They are surprisingly soft and sticky. I would be surprised if they didn't perform. There's a YouTuber that runs them on the sandpaper rocks out west. He said they grip well, but wear faster than the competition. I don't yet have any personal experience other than in my living room.
Was that West Desert Wheeler? He said the same thing but then swapped to his usual BFG Krawlers right afterwards. Most videos that I have seen, thats what happens. The person runs them for a video or two and say they like the tires but then they swap them out for something else.

I'm sure the height plays a roll in that for some. The higher COG isnt worth it for everyone.
Old 01-08-2024, 01:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Was that West Desert Wheeler? He said the same thing but then swapped to his usual BFG Krawlers right afterwards. Most videos that I have seen, thats what happens. The person runs them for a video or two and say they like the tires but then they swap them out for something else.

I'm sure the height plays a roll in that for some. The higher COG isnt worth it for everyone.
Yep that was the channel now that you say it.
Old 01-08-2024, 01:45 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:

Size and terrain. Wdw (mostly) runs in a unique area and has pretty consistent conditions.

I put a set of vxt2’s on my 4ws Capra but have yet to run them. I also bought a set of vrd take-offs from Rob that may or may not go on my vrd carbon.

Neither truck will likely get run for a while since it’s rain/mud/snow season here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 04:06 AM   #9
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
That is why I'm hesitant on buying a set. I like a lower COG and with having the portals under my VRD, I don't think the extra height is needed.

I like the looks, but wish they were a smaller diameter.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 06:23 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

They are right at 5" with foams. I've got 2 sets (the only 1.9 toys I own currently) and very pleased with the performance. My first set has CI foams, and I tried the vp foams on the new set. Both options have worked great for me.

I expect these will wear down pretty quickly on high traction surfaces. If they are anything like 1:1 comp tires, they get better as they wear down. A bald bfg krawler with cords showing is about the best tire for crawling of you can get it on a rock. Lol
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 07:52 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgredjeep View Post
If they are anything like 1:1 comp tires, they get better as they wear down. A bald bfg krawler with cords showing is about the best tire for crawling of you can get it on a rock. Lol
This is a weird concept that doesn’t make any sense until you experience it first hand.

I mounted a new set of g8 krawlers a while back and was pretty bummed how they performed, but i’m cheap and wanted my monies worth, so I ran them until they looked worn out and they just got better and better.

Old 01-09-2024, 11:10 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Tires getting broken in is a real thing for sure. Rock Beast XLs in particular suck until they get broken in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
That is why I'm hesitant on buying a set. I like a lower COG and with having the portals under my VRD, I don't think the extra height is needed.

I like the looks, but wish they were a smaller diameter.
I doubt they would be my go to tire due to the size, but the local comp series runs at 2 parks with man made courses and we randomly have cash comps at a member's house on his course. All of those areas have tons of jagged baseball to bowling ball sized rocks for the majority of the course. No large steep climbs or sidehills really so COG wont be quite as important as ground clearance for those events.

Last year I ran my SCX10 Pro for the comp series and on those courses I had a rough time compared to the portal guys. I ran my stock Phoenix through one course afterwards and did better than I did with my built Pro.
Old 01-09-2024, 11:27 AM   #13

I think 5" is too fall for a 1.9 tire, especially with portal axles that already have a higher COG.
Old 01-09-2024, 12:05 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
I think 5" is too fall for a 1.9 tire, especially with portal axles that already have a higher COG.
I think its kinda funny they lied about it on the sidewall so you can use them for C2/Modified class unlike the Proline Trepadors.
Old 01-09-2024, 12:44 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
I think its kinda funny they lied about it on the sidewall so you can use them for C2/Modified class unlike the Proline Trepadors.

During one of the countless hours of live streams that I listen to (because I’m a loser) it was alluded to that perhaps there were some miscalculations during the design and subsequently, production process. Take that for what it’s worth.

Seems a little convenient that at the time the sorrca ruling mentioned tires being measured only if the size wasn’t molded on the sidewall, or something to that effect.

Size-wise I expect it to be a great choice on my Capra 4ws. And I prefer narrower wheels than most 2.2’s, and I already have multiple sets of 1.9’s, so that’s a win-win for me. Outside of that, and possible my vrd, I don’t see myself running them on anything else.

Old 01-09-2024, 02:37 PM   #16
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
During one of the countless hours of live streams that I listen to (because I’m a loser) it was alluded to that perhaps there were some miscalculations during the design and subsequently, production process. Take that for what it’s worth.

Seems a little convenient that at the time the sorrca ruling mentioned tires being measured only if the size wasn’t molded on the sidewall, or something to that effect.

Size-wise I expect it to be a great choice on my Capra 4ws. And I prefer narrower wheels than most 2.2’s, and I already have multiple sets of 1.9’s, so that’s a win-win for me. Outside of that, and possible my vrd, I don’t see myself running them on anything else.

You do realize that by calling yourself a loser on those grounds your basically calling us all losers...lol

Yeah, a 5" tall tire will have its effective places for sure. If you are on a course that repeatedly needs the clearance you will be king. However if it isn't needed a lower cog would obviously be proffered. Hate to lose that killer side hill line you love because your cog hit the tipping pt

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 04:57 PM   #17
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Last year I ran my SCX10 Pro for the comp series and on those courses I had a rough time compared to the portal guys. I ran my stock Phoenix through one course afterwards and did better than I did with my built Pro.
I can believe that. I have been impressed with my Phoenix portal and how well it does.

Quote:
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
During one of the countless hours of live streams that I listen to (because I’m a loser)

Well that sounds just like me. Loser here too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
You do realize that by calling yourself a loser on those grounds your basically calling us all losers...lol

Yep!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 05:44 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

I mean, we are talking 1/8" (~3mm) it's going to potentially raise the car vs a true 4.75 tire. I can't imagine that would be enough to unsettle your rig.

The compound is also super sticky. If you are on the fence, I still think they are worth a try.
Old 01-09-2024, 07:07 PM   #19
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgredjeep View Post
I mean, we are talking 1/8" (~3mm) it's going to potentially raise the car vs a true 4.75 tire. I can't imagine that would be enough to unsettle your rig.

The compound is also super sticky. If you are on the fence, I still think they are worth a try.
True, it's a tiny difference. I could be off base. In tiny trucks however we do talk tiny differences. I don't personally have any high traction slab rock near me like they have in Utah but I could imagine guys out there might happily gain some mm on their cog when they are attempting to slip out of some of their steeper side-hill lines. I am just considering why a guy like Logan might praise a 5" tire for a video but not actually run it when the camera is off. I speak in reference to an earlier comment

smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 07:28 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
True, it's a tiny difference. I could be off base. In tiny trucks however we do talk tiny differences. I don't personally have any high traction slab rock near me like they have in Utah but I could imagine guys out there might happily gain some mm on their cog when they are attempting to slip out of some of their steeper side-hill lines. I am just considering why a guy like Logan might praise a 5" tire for a video but not actually run it when the camera is off. I speak in reference to an earlier comment

On his terrain it probably doesn't matter as much what tire he runs as much as the vehicle setup (maybe even foams). In that case, run what you like the looks of. Lol

Vanquish VXT-2 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vanquish VXT vs Hyrax knockoffs gein Tires and Wheels 12 10-20-2023 04:38 PM
vanquish vxt foams lurch Tires and Wheels 3 12-22-2021 04:54 PM
What’s the verdict on the Vanquish vxt tire? Desmo Tires and Wheels 28 01-06-2019 05:12 PM