Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Imex All-T owners...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2005, 06:09 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Exclamation Imex All-T owners...

I'm using mine on a HPI wheel #3145 with less backspacing and weight added to the front, and it seems to help tremendously. My question is: Has anyone tried cutting some of the tread blocks out? If so, did it help any? And finally, which ones did you cut?

I'm thinking it would help out a bit if they were cut some, but want to see if anyone's tried it already.
WRMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2005, 03:11 PM   #2
PapaGriz Yo

I have been wanting to cut mine but I have not logged enough time trying out different foams yet. I agree that it would prolly help though.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 02:10 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default modified All-T

Sean at Northland Hobbies modified his All-T tires with little to no benefit. He also weighted the front tires with little change. He uses the HPI wheels you have mentioned. I think the All-T tires are to hard compared to the masher 2000 tires.

I like the clearance the All-T tires give, but I do not know if it is worth sacrificing traction. I wish Imex would just make a soft tire because they have good tire design's.

Good luck getting the All-T tires to work. I was thinking of soaking the tires in something to soften them.
a_vdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 12:24 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i have a problem with 2 of my all-t tires being to soft. they fold over at the drop of a hate. all four tires feel different from one another. a friend has the same isues with his as i do.
ronbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 07:03 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Ronbeck, I have the same issues. The sidewall feels different on all four tires. One tire appears to have a really thin sidewall. Also, I'm going to try and cut some of the tread tonight to see if it helps any as far as traction goes.
WRMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 07:28 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRMorrison
Ronbeck, I have the same issues. The sidewall feels different on all four tires. One tire appears to have a really thin sidewall. Also, I'm going to try and cut some of the tread tonight to see if it helps any as far as traction goes.

i emailed imex about my tires and heard nothing back. a week and a half later my friend also emailed and they replyed sating no else has had any issues.../:(

very disapointed with the tires. when you spin the tire on a rim it sems to wobble back and forth. and my center tread looks as if the tires were run hard on sand paper.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:55 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

has anyone tried narrowing the all-t tires yet?

was wondering how well it would work????

thanks