Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: how to put 2.2 tires on clod or jugg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2005, 09:02 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default how to put 2.2 tires on clod or jugg

simple dont have pics yet but if you look at the florida comp pics at the very end the blue fj40 has all'ts on a set of clod rims

after stripping a few rims in about 36 hours(5 to be exact) i felt the jugg had to much torgue for a set of 2.2 wheels on the clod hex....

The clod wheels dont strip and dont require glue... and give it that rock ring/40 series look...
make SURE you use NEW STYLE CLOD WHEELS with out the ridges running accross them... i think there the new ones...and narrow them as much as possible..

first cut the "bead lock" off the outside of the rim then cut off the rest of the outside of the rim to the face......

this is where the bead will be glued back on ....

next cut off the back lip of the clod rim.... wheel should be very narrow now

under 2 inchers.... this also keeps the wheel close to the axle instead of outside like with 2.2's that why you cut it at the face of the rime... it seems like its pretty simple most have narrowed rims before. ... put up some pics tommorow....remember you want the wheels to have as little offset as possible to keep the axle width to a minimum under the jugg/ clod axles

i saw a lot of people asking about 2.2's on a clod or jugg and this is quite simple the best solution as it actually narrows the width from that of 2.2 rims... and allows the tires to sit over the hub instead of outside it .... works great
SuperDuty97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links