LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Talking The Ultimate how to. DanglingLOL

HOW TO
Scale Truck Nutz
Warning this may be entertaining if nothing else

Supplies
Ball bearing (choose the size you’d like), speaker wire or any other type of flexible wire, rubber glove (w no powder on them), grip dip, map gas and harris safty silve and some type of ‘S’ hook.
**I’ll also be testing out a shrink wrap method**

In this how to I’ll be showing you how I’ve made truck nutz.
I’ll be showing you a couple different methods and testing or talking about other ides to create the same result.
I’ll add step by step pictures and/or video to this later.

This first part I’ll describe how I made my first ones.
  • Start by first by cutting a finger off of one of my rubber gloves.
  • Drop in a couple bearings to make sure it’ll have the “look” you’d like or to judge size and length.
  • Cut a piece of wire to the length you’ll need. I decided to go with wire since I wasn’t sure how the glove would react to the grip dip chemicals and wanted it to be a bit sturdy just incase.
  • Next I scuffed up the bearings and brazed them together along with the wire, also creating a loop in the wire for my hook. (I think this can also be done by soldering)
  • I then took the bearings and dipped it in the grip dip.
  • Wrap the finger from the glove around the bearing and wire making sure all the air is out. This creates the look of the scrotum leaving wrinkles and such.
  • Next take a temporary hook or something you can use to hang them to dry and insert it through the glove and wire looped area.
  • Now dip them in the grip dip a couple times. Some fideling with them may be necessary to achieve your “look”. Allow them to dry
  • Re-dip them once again making sure to cover them from top to bottom and let dry.
  • Once dry add the ‘S’ hook and add them to your rig.

This part is an easier method.
  • Take your rubber glove finger and dip it in the grip dip.
  • Turn it inside out. The grip dip will now be inside the finger
  • Drop your bearings in the finger
  • Take your drying hook and punch it through the glove at about where you’d want the nuts to hang from
  • Dip into the Grip dip and allow it to dry
  • Re-dip and let dry again. Make sure you have the “look” your after.
  • Add the ‘S’ hook and install.

I’m not sure about the durability between the two different methods but to date I haven’t had anyone tell me they’ve not lasted.
I like knowing that the wire is in there to keep the scrotum from pulling off the ‘S’ hook and leaving them on the trail somewhere for others to run over.

Now onto a couple other thoughts about making these nasty little things.

Since I like the added comfort of the wire, but know that everyone isn’t going to go out and purchase a soldering iron or mapp gas torch and safty silv for these little guys. I thought why not secure the wire with shrink wrap. You can purchase different sizes that should work for your needs. I’ll get the bearings and wire and simply shrink wrap them and use the above mentioned methods noted above.

Second thought I’ve also had that may be a PIA at first but would make it worth it, if going to produce a few at a time.
I’d make a mold from one of the above mentioned processes and add any “details” to it like my logo or someones name to it or any other things you believe it needs. And pour some plastic resign or simply use the grip dip and let it dry. I can also see adding the bearings to this process also. With the right mold you could also make metal ones this way.

The finished product should look something like this.

Enjoy dangling.
there should be some other methods to do this also. Just search.

Last edited by Double J; 03-31-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Double J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I se those everywere here.
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:14 PM   #3
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double J View Post
HOW TO

Scale Truck Nutz
Warning this may be entertaining if nothing else

Supplies
Ball bearing (choose the size you’d like), speaker wire or any other type of flexible wire, rubber glove (w no powder on them), grip dip, map gas and harris safty silve and some type of ‘S’ hook.
**I’ll also be testing out a shrink wrap method**

In this how to I’ll be showing you how I’ve made truck nutz.
I’ll be showing you a couple different methods and testing or talking about other ides to create the same result.
I’ll add step by step pictures and/or video to this later.

This first part I’ll describe how I made my first ones.
  • Start by first by cutting a finger off of one of my rubber gloves.
  • Drop in a couple bearings to make sure it’ll have the “look” you’d like or to judge size and length.
  • Cut a piece of wire to the length you’ll need. I decided to go with wire since I wasn’t sure how the glove would react to the grip dip chemicals and wanted it to be a bit sturdy just incase.
  • Next I scuffed up the bearings and brazed them together along with the wire, also creating a loop in the wire for my hook. (I think this can also be done by soldering)
  • I then took the bearings and dipped it in the grip dip.
  • Wrap the finger from the glove around the bearing and wire making sure all the air is out. This creates the look of the scrotum leaving wrinkles and such.
  • Next take a temporary hook or something you can use to hang them to dry and insert it through the glove and wire looped area.
  • Now dip them in the grip dip a couple times. Some fideling with them may be necessary to achieve your “look”. Allow them to dry
  • Re-dip them once again making sure to cover them from top to bottom and let dry.
  • Once dry add the ‘S’ hook and add them to your rig.
This part is an easier method.
  • Take your rubber glove finger and dip it in the grip dip.
  • Turn it inside out. The grip dip will now be inside the finger
  • Drop your bearings in the finger
  • Take your drying hook and punch it through the glove at about where you’d want the nuts to hang from
  • Dip into the Grip dip and allow it to dry
  • Re-dip and let dry again. Make sure you have the “look” your after.
  • Add the ‘S’ hook and install.
I’m not sure about the durability between the two different methods but to date I haven’t had anyone tell me they’ve not lasted.
I like knowing that the wire is in there to keep the scrotum from pulling off the ‘S’ hook and leaving them on the trail somewhere for others to run over.

Now onto a couple other thoughts about making these nasty little things.

Since I like the added comfort of the wire, but know that everyone isn’t going to go out and purchase a soldering iron or mapp gas torch and safty silv for these little guys. I thought why not secure the wire with shrink wrap. You can purchase different sizes that should work for your needs. I’ll get the bearings and wire and simply shrink wrap them and use the above mentioned methods noted above.

Second thought I’ve also had that may be a PIA at first but would make it worth it, if going to produce a few at a time.
I’d make a mold from one of the above mentioned processes and add any “details” to it like my logo or someones name to it or any other things you believe it needs. And pour some plastic resign or simply use the grip dip and let it dry. I can also see adding the bearings to this process also. With the right mold you could also make metal ones this way.

The finished product should look something like this.

Enjoy dangling.
there should be some other methods to do this also. Just search.

To much time on your hands DoubleJ?
jaxcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:35 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

LOL..
Mr. Coffee(j/k) I wish I had to much time on my hands. I was asked about a week ago how I made these, so here is the quick how to on it. LOL

They are a nice gag gift as a key chain to give. They get a good laugh.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:47 PM   #5
I joined the Band!

Quote:
LOL..
Mr. Coffee(j/k) I wish I had to much time on my hands. I was asked about a week ago how I made these, so here is the quick how to on it. LOL

They are a nice gag gift as a key chain to give. They get a good laugh.
Well I didn't think you had to much time on your hands. After all don't you have four young one's?

That's enough to cause anyone to go "Dangeling."

Since I'm "Mr. Coffee" can I use the above dangle term for a new coffee blend? Maybe "Hangin' House Blend"
Old 03-31-2008, 07:13 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Where do you get the Grip Dip?
Maggster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Maggster - you can get grip dip anywhere. lowes, home depot harbor frieght even has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxcoffee View Post

Since I'm "Mr. Coffee" can I use the above dangle term for a new coffee blend? Maybe "Hangin' House Blend"
Why sure as long as you send me a bag.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:22 PM   #8
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Why sure as long as you send me a bag.
Is that a play on words?Considering the subject matter?
Old 04-03-2008, 07:04 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

That is just awsome, im for sure going to be making a few sets for my self and friends RC tucks.
RollinOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #10
Adilynsdad too!

Attached Images

braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:53 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Those are some small nuts BD!
gyrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:45 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Too funny!

I think you are in danger of spending too much time playing with testicles that are not your own! Isn't your wife/girl friend jealous

Also I am pretty sure cars and trucks are supposed to be females? I, as a general rule, prefer my females without testicles.

Honestly in my opinion the 1:1 truck nuts are probably the worst thing that ever happened to the car/truck industry.

I prefer not to look at anythings testis, let alone spend any money on them, but hey thats just me!

Last edited by lowslowTJ; 04-04-2008 at 10:47 AM.
lowslowTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowslowTJ View Post
I prefer not to look at anythings testis, let alone spend any money on them, but hey thats just me!
Testes.

That's ok, we'll let your latent homosexuality secret stay hidden.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:12 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

here are the ones i made for my crawler !

CRUZ CONTROL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:22 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

of all companies, RPM to the Rescue!!

RPM Dirty Danglers are a cool, funny and unique way to show off your pride in your vehicle. Everyone knows when someone says their vehicle “has balls” they mean power. Well, with a set of RPM Dirty Danglers mounted on your vehicle, when you tell someone your truck has balls, you’ll mean it – literally! RPM Dirty Danglers look like a set of real testicles. Are you laughing yet? Yes, they look like mini testicles and are designed to mount to the back of almost any vehicle with a zip tie, screw, wire or chain (mounting hardware not included). We even go so far as to offer them in different color choices. They are available in Saddle-Sore Pink, Burnout Black, Cocky Chrome, D.N.F. Blue, & Ballsy Brass!
RPM Dirty Danglers also make a great addition to a key chain for those that want to show off their balls all the time! Dirty Danglers are not sold with mounting hardware so a separate chain or split ring will be needed. Additionally, RPM Dirty Danglers can be made into earrings or a necklace charm for a great gag gift.
Let your pride hang low, real low, with a set of Dirty Danglers from RPM. Your male friends will laugh, your female friends will giggle, but you’ll be the one with balls enough to show them off!
mysharona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:30 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

...i had a black set on my truck but i took them off and put them on a key ring...

...One day i gave my keys to the baby to play with

...my irate wife asked me why the baby was sucking on balls lol...

...needless to say my danglers are now in the parts box
BitHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:11 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitHed View Post
...i had a black set on my truck but i took them off and put them on a key ring...

...One day i gave my keys to the baby to play with

...my irate wife asked me why the baby was sucking on balls lol...

...needless to say my danglers are now in the parts box
lmfao
hairyguy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:51 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

So are those 1:1 of your own junk?

Last edited by onlyinajeepxj; 06-19-2008 at 11:53 AM.
onlyinajeepxj is offline   Reply With Quote