Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tools, and Procedures

Notices

Thread: Cow Performance Aerosols Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
[HOONIGAN]

Default Cow Performance Aerosols Review

About a month ago I was lucky enough to be chosen by Heath of Cow Performance Company to receive a Corral Pac to test and write a review on.
The Coral Pack includes one of each of the following,
MOO-Tor Cleaner and Degreaser NO.789
COW Duster NO. 805
MOO-Slick NO. 077
What first caught my attention about the Cow Products was the MOO-Slick. I had been looking for a dry lubricant for various things and hadn’t had much luck. The MOO-Slick was just what I was looking for.

To test out the products I wanted to find something that was extremely dirty and I knew would be a pain to clean. So I got out my Slash which had recently blown a shock cap and oil all over everything followed by dirt and mud that made a huge nasty mess. Here’s is a pic of the shock that I started with,

First I hit the shock with the MOO-tor Cleaner and Degreaser. I was quite impressed with how well the Cleaner broke through a lot of the grime and blasted most of it way. The really nice thing about this cleaner, and the rest of the products in the Corral Pac is that they are safe on electronics. So no need to worry about removing the parts you want to clean or removing your electronics before you clean the parts on the car. Also, the MOO-tor Cleaner is safe for all plastics and any other material on your RC, something that not all cleaner/degreasers can do. Some can dissolve plastics which obviously would not be good for your car.
Next I hit the shock with the COW Duster. WOW was my first impression! The pressure that is inside this can is way more than any other canned air product I have ever used. The air comes out of the can so fast that it blasts away any and all grime on your part in just seconds. With the extension tube attached to the can you can reach to all the hard places to get and blast them clean also. Here is what the shock looked like after I blasted it for a few seconds, as clean as it was when it was new

I was very impressed by how little effort it took to completely clean the area. A job that once took at least 15 minutes to do by scrubbing with a toothbrush took about 15 seconds and did a better job. Plus I never had to wipe, scrub, or remove a single part to do it.
Once the shock was clean and dry I then hit it with the MOO-Slick. The great thing about the MOO-Slick is that it can not only be used for lubricating parts, but also as a protector since it aids in repelling dirt and corrosion. Something to note on the MOO-Slick is that it does take some time to completely dry. If sprayed on parts and then immediately taken into the dirt it will attract dust and dirt since it will still be wet. I found it best to spray the desired parts and let them dry over night to ensure everything was dry. Once completely dry the treated areas don’t attract dirt or dust just like advertised. Here are some of the parts/areas I found useful to apply MOO-Slick,
-Spur Gears. Not only will it lubricate your spur and pinion gear it will also quiet a loud spur gear.
-Drive Shafts. MOO-Slick is excellent for lubricating your drive shafts on a shafty crawler or a Slash. Not only will they lubricate them but also help repel dirt and dust from getting in them.
-U-Joints. All U-Joints will benefit from lubrication, especially metal U-Joints. After time metal U-Joints start to wear out and develop a lot of slop in them. By lubricating them with MOO-Slick they will not only last longer but run smoother.
-Rod Ends. Ever had a sticky rod end that just doesn’t want to move freely? Hit it with some MOO-Slick and it with free it up perfectly. It also works great to quiet a squeaky rod end. I like to lubricate all of my rod ends on the suspension and steering to ensure that they will always be performing as smooth as possible.
-Any other moving suspension or steering part. Since MOO-slick is a dry lubricant you can now lubricate all of those parts that you never lubricated before to get the smoothest suspension and steering. Things like Hinge pins, Steering Knuckles, or anything else that moves.

Here is another example of how well the COW Duster works. The inside of my Scaler was quite dirty after months of abuse and never getting cleaned. Here is what it looked like,

I hit it just with the COW duster to see how much of the grime it could blow away,

I’d say it pretty much got all of the grime out and even got most of the little nooks and crannies of the transmission cleaned. Again, I didn’t have to wipe, scrub, or remove anything to get it this clean and it took about 20 seconds. The time and effort I saved is very impressive.
Another use I found for the Corral Pac products is for gun Magazines. After time magazines become worn out and dirty and stop functioning properly. Hit them with the cleaner to get all of the dirt and grime out, dry them off with the Duster, and then lube them up with the MOO-slick. My magazines are now functioning smoother and better than they did when they were brand new.
Another use I found for the Corral Pac was in my truck. I accidentally spilt some Coke while driving and it dripped down into my seatbelt buckle. Once it dried it made everything sticky and pretty much stopped the buckles from working. The button wouldn’t release to undo the seatbelt and then once it finally did, it wouldn’t come back up to put the seatbelt back in. I hit with the cleaner, duster, and MOO-Slick and now with works smoother and better than the rest of the buckles in my truck.
Overall I am very impressed with the Cow Performance Aerosols. They did everything I was expecting them to do and much much more. The only complaint I have with any of the products would be the COW Duster. I would like to see it offered in a larger can, such as the size that the Clearer and MOO-Slick come in. I guess it’s a trade off with the high pressure that Duster has, it comes out so fast and with so much power that the life of the can is shortened. I definitely feel that the extra pressure in the can is more than worth the drawback, but it would be nicer if the can was a bit bigger so it would last longer.
So if you’re looking for some great RC aerosols stop by COWRC.COM and support a vendor that is supporting RCC!

Last edited by Wrecker; 11-16-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Thank you my friend

Excellent review well supported with pictures and input... Great Job

Heath
The Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #3
[HOONIGAN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cow View Post
Thank you my friend

Excellent review well supported with pictures and input... Great Job

Heath
Glad you liked it.
Thanks again for the opportunity to try out some awesome products.
Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Nice write up Wrecker.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote