Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tools, and Procedures

Notices

Thread: small blast cabinet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default small blast cabinet

I got this a few weeks ago from TSC, it's the same one that horrible freight sells, or at least it looks identical to theirs. I read some reviews about it before hand, so I knew that I had to seal up every seam inside of the cabinet to keeps leaks to a minimum.

After using this thing a dozen times I have to say that I'm not happy with it at all, it just doesn't do a very good job regardless of what air pressure or nozzle tip that I use, it still leaks abrasive from somewhere, the abrasive doesn't flow very well back into the hopper and it struggles to siphon abrasive back into the gun. The internal light that comes with it doesn't work all that well either. Maybe I expected too much from this small cabinet, does anyone else have one of these?

BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2011, 01:05 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

I don't have one yet, (on my wish list) but thanks for sharing your experiecne with it. Have you tried different abrasives? I know there is sand you can use which is inexpensive, and there're special bead type abrasives which can cost a lot more.
MonkeyRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

My buddy has one from Fleet Farm and he says it works pretty good. His is a plastice one piece body, so little or no seams to seal/leak.

I will be using it shortly once I get my chassis brazed up and I will share my thoughts on how well it works.
MNROKCRAWLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:44 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I have the bigger free standing one from Harbor Freight, and it works pretty good. I looked at the one you have and it just looked REALLY cheap. I bought mine on sale for $179...I use it weekly and I would buy it again.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I don't own it but ive used the one Horrible Freight sells and yah that thing was a pain. Kept leaking Alum Oxide grit out, nozzle wasn't to easy to use and so on. I mean it is what it is but overall it isn't very wow, your better off making your own at the rate that these things work
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote