Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tools, and Procedures

Notices

Thread: maxx shafts made easy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 02:08 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default maxx shafts made easy

does anyone know where the how to thread is for the maxx shafts made easy mod? for mounting them on axial or similar scale rig
Randy_4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2011, 02:23 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

i know jason had it somewhere but heres a rundown. drill out the maxx yoke to the size of an axial yoke, cut the ears off the axial yoke. make sure the holes with both yokes line up and press the axial yoke inside the maxx yoke, you can then use a small screw that threads down through both yokes and tightens up on the output shaft. hope that helps
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:44 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I'll add that its not just maxx shafts that work like this, I used half shafts from my Summit to do pretty much the same mod. I used Traxxas metal joints and the Axial metal joints. I broke the joints down completely and frankenstiened them together to make a completely metal universal joint then cut the ball cup, where the pin goes thru to attatch to the Summit diff, off on both ends. Then drill out the ends of the shafts to accept the universal joint, press in the universal and mark where to drill the hole on the shaft ends ,drill the hole and run an appropriate size screw all the way thru the universal and shaft and cut or grind the excess screw length off. then all you need to do is cut the new shaft to length to fit you truck. If you need any help doing this shoot me a PM, happy to help if you need it
whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Maxx Shafts made easy.
smokediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:53 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Holy cow....I didnt realise the Maxx shaft mod was so complicated....the way Ive been doing my Summit shaft mod only requires cutting the shaft to fit and drilling it out, no cutting off the ears and with my mod you wind up with a all metal joint on both sides of the joint...not saying one is better than the other
whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
Holy cow....I didnt realise the Maxx shaft mod was so complicated....the way Ive been doing my Summit shaft mod only requires cutting the shaft to fit and drilling it out, no cutting off the ears and with my mod you wind up with a all metal joint on both sides of the joint...not saying one is better than the other
can you post some pics for us
Randy_4life is offline   Reply With Quote