Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tools, and Procedures

Notices

Thread: Dremel power Driver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Dremel power Driver

Do any of you use one? I hit a sale a couple of weeks ago on the combo pak; the LiIon ergonimic rotary tool and the dremel driver for under $100.

I was thinking the rotary tool would be the more useful tool; it is VERY useful for fine detail work, for sure; a LOT more control, but the big surprise to me was the power driver.

I'm working on a Wraith mostly these days, and you know what a pain in the wrist it is to do anything with it. The power driver is awesome; seems to last forever on a charge, lots of torque, and fast enough to make things move along quickly but not so fast that screws and bolts are flying around the room.

The kit came with a charging station, and a bunch of sanding drums, polishing pads, and a few driver bits. I had lots of small hex and torx screwdriver bits around, so no problem with finding small bits to use.

I was a bit leery about how long it would last on a battery but I've only put it on charge once since I got it, and I've torn down the truck 4 or 5 times in between. Full price for th set is around $129. and it's worth every penny...even better if you can hit a sale.
YYCADM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #2

Where did you get it? and do you have a picture?
NSANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #3
RCC Addict

That's cool man I'd like to see a pic.
adamargue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:47 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Dremel Stylus
This is the stylus rotary tool in the kit. I can't find the combo pack on Dremels website though.
The power driver has the same body design as the stylus, with a bit larger handle ( I assume to accomodate a bigger gearbox/motor).
The stand it comes with has dual cradles, one powered, for charging, the second one beside it for storing the other tool, plus a clip-on caddy for drill bits.
I really like the stylus design..it lets you hold the tool between your fingertips like a pen, so fine detail control is much better. The little power driver has a lot of torque for it's size; if you aren't hanging onto it well, it will torque out of your hand.
Battery life on both tools is really quite good. you can get pretty much a full day of regular use without recharging, but it's super easy to just drop it back into the cradle between uses. It's a really nice set-up and combo...not sure why it didn't become more popular
YYCADM is offline   Reply With Quote