Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tools, and Procedures

Notices

Thread: Airbrush Advice Needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Airbrush Advice Needed

I have some experience with airbrushes and have done some searches and googling. I know that Iwata seems to be a good airbrush that is recommended a lot. Here is my situation. I'm hoping you guys can give me some guidance.

I was using a cheap Paasche like this one H-202S - SINGLE ACTION by Paasche Airbrush Company and I actually really liked it. It was easy to use and did every thing I needed it too. It sprayed thicker paint like a champ and had no problem with Faskolor or Createx.

After several years the Paasche went out and I was in a bind and bought a Neo for Iwata like this one IWATA-MEDEA • Products • Airbrushes • Neo CN for Iwata • Medea Airbrush Products
I had mixed a custom color with Faskolor and Createx paints and it wouldn't spray it. I could get it to spray water and really thin flourescent colors but that was about it. Is that a defect or is this airbrush only for super thin paints?

I have it cleaned up and looking brand new so I though about putting it on ebay and looking for something else. I bought it with a 40% coupon so I only have about $60 in it including the hose. Should I ebay it and get something else or just learn to use it?
nascarkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Airbrush Advice Needed

I am a very amateur airbrush painter, that being said, I would look into the orifice size of the cone looking thing. (technical term, I know) Metallics and such require a larger opening than say thinned gloss colors. I learned the hard way. Most hobby shops that sell airbrushes also offer different sized cones.
PFC FNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
Come and take them!®

Default Re: Airbrush Advice Needed

Try asking in Paint & Body forum. 2 flights up from this one.
Hunter711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Airbrush Advice Needed - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Airbrush Setups, experts needed RcBro Paint and Body 5 01-20-2011 10:22 PM
If you had to do it all over again... Advice Needed! ericinMD Axial AX-10 Scorpion 21 02-23-2010 09:52 PM
advice needed 44mags Newbie General 8 02-06-2009 10:25 PM
Airbrush Advice whoodie Paint and Body 15 08-15-2008 05:02 PM
Just got my first airbrush...any advice? nascarkeith Chit Chat 2 01-13-2008 05:16 PM