Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tools, and Procedures

Notices

Thread: workspace organization for tools

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2017, 07:46 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default workspace organization for tools

I was wondering what everyone uses for keeping their tools organized while working on a build? I am not luck enough to have a basement workspace or a garage to work in.. I am stuck doing my builds in my office on a table.

I was thinking of getting a small 5 drawer tool box and placing it on the table corner., but I was wondering what others use? Also, I see a number of people with spinner tool holders.. Where do I find one?
Huber1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2017, 07:23 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: workspace organization for tools

I use this tackle box I found at walmart.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Flambeau-...le-Box/3342519
Rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:59 PM   #3

I'm in the same boat right now. Only have the kitchen counter or dining room table to work on. I also bought a tackle box to work out of. So far it has worked out really well. Mine has removable plastic storage containers which I find handy.

This is the one I have, but I only paid about 1/2 of the list price.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Plano-728...ystem/19487463
Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 02:06 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I am using a tackle box right now. Was just trying to find something a little smoother.
Huber1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:18 AM   #5
No idea what I'm doing

I find parts are a bigger issue for me than tools when I'm working on stuff. I actually have more room than I need, but organizing is always something I'm thinking of lately.

I found these trays at my local hardware store. I think they're drawer organizers but they work great for keeping things together. With the way they are molded, they can stack which is nice too.

This is one I machined out of some scrap Delrin years ago. It still comes in handy though.

I'm also a huge fan of ziplock bags. Sandwich or snack bags are nice, but I really like the smaller sizes. I buy them in bulk for shipping so they're pretty cheap. Get a real "Sharpie" brand Sharpie while you're at it.

C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:03 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I just picked this up at Amain and find its great to work out of. I even grab it for small house projects. My previous setup was a little canvas bag I bought at Lowes. Which works great too. But laying out your tools so you can see everything is much better.

Another tool trick I like is the Duratrax hex bits. My wife is a Dental Assistant and while cleaning my teeth, I noticed these colors rings on all the scary dental tools. So I asked her to kindly locate some for me to identify the 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5 Hexs. Plus I like the holder Duratrax uses. The Klein Hex Handle is awesome too.

MaxxPain is offline   Reply With Quote

workspace organization for tools - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
workspace material storage ideas rockhugger Tools, and Procedures 15 02-22-2011 05:46 PM
What are all these green workspace graph mat thingies??? acrosteve Tools, and Procedures 14 09-18-2009 12:06 PM
New layout and organization rdtshaw Comments, Suggestions, and Help 6 02-24-2009 01:27 PM
New Organization? HomerJ Chit Chat 287 02-06-2009 09:23 PM