Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tools, and Procedures

Notices

Thread: Finding fabricators

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2021, 06:03 PM   #1

Default Finding fabricators

Any ideas as to finding lists or forums that feature fabricators offering 3d printing, cnc cutting and mask cutting (circuit digital cutter style) or any recommendations, based in the central PA if that helps.
macman809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2021, 07:58 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Finding fabricators

IMT has a decent size facility here in Berks County, about 2.5 hours away from you - I drive by it all the time and always think about contacting them for RC stuff. Never did though... . No idea if they'd be able to help or not. Home office is apparently in MI, though their Berks plant is at 38 Rowell Rd Boyertown, PA

"IMT operates as a full service job/machine shop qualified to handle your machining and tooling needs. We are capable of producing single prototype parts or high-volume machining orders. ferrous and non-ferrous metals, fiberglass, plastics, high tech alloys and much more."

https://www.innovativemachinetech.com/
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 05:59 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
IMT has a decent size facility here in Berks County, about 2.5 hours away from you - I drive by it all the time and always think about contacting them for RC stuff. Never did though... . No idea if they'd be able to help or not.
I was shopping around to get some parts made by a few similar type companies that say they do prototyping and found out between machine setup, bulk material cost, and shop minimums, getting only a few parts is exceedingly expensive. A part that would cost $10/unit on a large production run would end up costing $300-400 for a couple prototypes.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 12:52 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

There's an app called find a fabricator made by the people that run "the fabrication series" youtube channel.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCcxlBLmujrjTVSSUkzZ2Jlg I've never tried using the app though.

I've heard good things about oshcut but they aren't near you also you didn't mention what you were looking to have made so I don't know if they can help.
spookyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
I was shopping around to get some parts made by a few similar type companies that say they do prototyping and found out between machine setup, bulk material cost, and shop minimums, getting only a few parts is exceedingly expensive. A part that would cost $10/unit on a large production run would end up costing $300-400 for a couple prototypes.

How many parts of what size? do you already have STL files ready to go? Any particulars on the material used? I could test one out in PLA for you and if the quality is on par for you needs/testing could work out something maybe. I also have some PETG but there would be a higher cost to it by a few dollars.
Tiredmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote

Finding fabricators - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fabricators??? country_crawler Chit Chat 19 02-25-2010 02:03 AM
a challange to the vendors and fabricators NeXt559 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 7 09-12-2008 07:55 PM