Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Wheelies To Rocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Wheelies To Rocks

Well I got Brushless max right now with all kinds of stuff for it as this was my second truck going into the sport first was a t-maxx. I just picked Up an ax-10 and now I'm hooked... I'm looking into getting a custom tubber made for that and Now I want to tear apart my brushless emaxx and get a super comp chassis.... oNly one thing I can only find 2 that I like... the hustler and the X-51..... Not to say I wouldn't buy either but I would like to find something like the one in the gallery on page 4 near the end... the black and white one... that thing is beautiful. Just wondering if you all could help me out finding some GOOD super comp chassis.... I noticed lots are built but I don't have the patience for the small stuff. I got a 1:1 rig that I spend more time on. If there is a link that would be good but I searched and couldn't find much but I did find a few just not what I'm looking for! I got almost every thing to make it work and the little things I don't have I can make just not ready to devote that much time building a chassis when I can buy one. Oh and any where sell the solid axle adapters or does everyone make them? If I need to search harder feel free to say soo but the maxx section doesn't get much hits so there is limited info here.:-(

-novak brushless
-4250 lipo x2
-swamp kongs or pick a tire on maximizer bead locks.

Thanx guys!
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2008, 11:53 PM   #2
Suck it up!

Welcome to the forums! I just started converting an old T-Maxx to a crawler. Well, converting is a relative term. Most of it will be hand built. I've spent about a week lurking around this site getting idea's and info. Keep digging, you'll find what you're looking for.

Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:25 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

For the axles you will have to make some lockouts yourself. As for the chassis, the Hustler is a Clod based chassis, but if you would run an AX-10 trans in it, you could make it work. Are you planing to run the stock trans out of your Maxx?
Toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:04 AM   #4
RCC Addict

SO it seems you are correct lol... The sinister chassis is good for the emaxx tranny though... Ya I would prefer too try to keep the build cost down and I have a brushless for it already. Looking at those sinister chassis and I might just make one if that's what it takes... my 2.2 rig is more for competing this is more of a just for fun thing. No real good unlimiteds around here (their all turds) so I wanna be the one to show them unlimiteds can be good too. any who I guess that's about it for chassis? I looked more but can't find anything... I guess most of you have made your own solid axle conversion? it looks like alot of you went the same route that's why I thought you might be able to buy them somewhere. Oh well Looks like I got some more fab work ahead of me...
Old 03-12-2008, 01:40 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Well I took her out for one last beating as the weather got real nice out here today! I threw the kongs on an went to do some snow thrashing b4 I took her all apart to make her into a crawler.... :( i'm gonna miss the rolling wheelies from 30 mph... and the rooster tails 4 ft high. But I'll love the new found cralwer where anything goes! I love unlimited. Too bad I didn't keep my old stock plastic bulk head when I upgraded to AL.... oh well I'll be heading over to a swap meet this month and i'll try to pick up some cheap stock stuff and sell my AL for a decent price..... Maybe I'll find a whole roller and I won't need to tare mine apart. Oh and did I mention I killed my front diff playing today???? no clicking or anything any more it's right DONE! Ah I love that truck. Well Boys stay tuned for my build thread. It'll be a few weeks yet but I gotta line up all my parts. Have a good one!