Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Summit gear change

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 04:49 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Question Summit gear change

Hi everybody,

I've got my Summit this monday. While I was doing the first test run, I noticed that it takes quite long to change from first into second gear.

I took the body off, and switched from first into second. The servo works fine, but the rod which changes the gears doesn't move. When I touch it very lightly it switches immediately. The problem seems to be the spring between the servo and the gearbox. Some other guys I know have the same problem with their's.

Is there any way to adjust it, so that it changes gear easier?
C. Gras is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2009, 08:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Gras View Post
Hi everybody,

I've got my Summit this monday. While I was doing the first test run, I noticed that it takes quite long to change from first into second gear.

I took the body off, and switched from first into second. The servo works fine, but the rod which changes the gears doesn't move. When I touch it very lightly it switches immediately. The problem seems to be the spring between the servo and the gearbox. Some other guys I know have the same problem with their's.

Is there any way to adjust it, so that it changes gear easier?
Hi there, just curious, while waiting my summit to arrive, i was reading thru the posts about it an found your question interesting...

What would you mean by "quite long" ? is it taking longer than 1 second? what's the aprox. speed you are shifting the gear?

BrCrawl
brcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:06 AM   #3

Thanks for the suggestion, I wish it had worked.
Financement simulation de credit immobilier de France
, Courtier simulation de credit immobilier
, Calcul pret et taux credit immobilier
nunpetnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #4

This could be due to the shift dogs not being in line. If you roll the truck it should click in. Also when shifting at high speeds (ok not high but faster than slow) you may notice that you need to let off the throttle to get it to shift, this is due to the dogs having pressure on them (driving in the transmission) and letting off the throttle a bit eases this pressure allowing the shift. Hope this helps.
phidelt508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:26 PM   #5

was it on a slope by any chance?
aashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by phidelt508 View Post
This could be due to the shift dogs not being in line. If you roll the truck it should click in. Also when shifting at high speeds (ok not high but faster than slow) you may notice that you need to let off the throttle to get it to shift, this is due to the dogs having pressure on them (driving in the transmission) and letting off the throttle a bit eases this pressure allowing the shift. Hope this helps.

phidelt508 is absolutelly right i got my summit finally about two weeks ago, and could notice what he mentions... it actually gives you a nice feeling when switching to second gear like driving a real car with manual shift...once you get practice, shifting can get pretty quicker
brcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote