Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: It can be done with ifs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2004, 02:17 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default It can be done with ifs.

I finally got my imageshack account going so I can show you guys what Im building.
It all started out as a bone stock e-maxx that I bought cheap just for bashing, but I soon after traded off my xxxnt's for a tricked out t-maxx and the insanity began. Here it is with the beginning with the t-maxx parts on it.

Then I really got the bug to build a crawler after lurking on here for awhile and I put savage shocks and started the real mods.

Ill post pics of how it is now with jumbo kongs and a much longer chassis in the daylight tomorrow. I hope ya like what Ive done so far, I know I do.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2004, 04:36 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: It can be done with ifs.

awesome man.....very good idea. hows it perform now and how much articulation could you get?
thegodofclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 04:04 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Ok I finally got some more pics taken. I built the expedition basically out of old parts that I had from other maxx projects. Its kinda funny that about 2 months ago the big truck was the same exact size as the litle one. Beings the little one is the old stucff from the big one. The big truck is running 750's with 9 tooth pinions on a 76 tooth spur. The little one is 12 tooth pinions on a 72. I really need to pull those garbage titans off and put a set of powerwheels 550's on there.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:06 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Here is a flex pic, I still need to raise the shock towers up about another 1/2". I have almost too much droop as the cvd cups are rubbing the bottom of the top A arm at full droop and everyonce in a while I pop one out of the drive cup. I am very pleased so far but I have lots of stuff yet to do, I have a rustler trans that is just itching to go in with my 101.7: 1 metal gear reduction with a 550 pushing it.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:32 AM   #5

cool, so what all have you done to get that flex? Just the savage shocks? stock savage springs?
BenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:59 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I had to clearance the bottom of the lower A-arms so the bulkheads didnt limit the droop, and I raised the shocktowers up on top of the bulkheads and I added a plate to mount the shocks towards the center of the tower. Its proven to be very durable as is but I still have lots to do. Right now Im clearancing the belly and changing the chassis braces to add some more clearance.