Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Reverse problem with the summit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 06:45 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Reverse problem with the summit

When my Summit gets pretty wet it has a strange problem with reverse. It won't go into reverse on the first try and maybe not until the third try or so. Then when it does it will go from dead stop to full speed reverse. Has this happened to anybody else?
durwank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2010, 12:31 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Mine is brand new, I have a similar problem. I think its more like a brake system. For me it feels like I have to go into reverse once to brake and again to actually go into reverse. Let me know if you figure it out.
Doc Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:23 PM   #3

i have to pull my trigger back two times before mine will back up but mine is set that way
super-maxx23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:57 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-maxx23 View Post
i have to pull my trigger back two times before mine will back up but mine is set that way
That's what it is supposed to do. What I'm talking about is different. Go get your truck really wet and then see if it acts different when you are trying to back it up.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I would imagine that if you went from going forward @ 15 or 20 mph and being able to go directly into reverse things would start breaking.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mojave View Post
I would imagine that if you went from going forward @ 15 or 20 mph and being able to go directly into reverse things would start breaking.
Again, THIS isn't what I am talking about. After mine gets really wet it will go from forwards to breaking just fine..BUT after that, when I let the trigger go to neutral and THEN try to apply the reverse it will take me several attempts to actually start backing up and when it does it will go from dead stop to full throttle reverse.
Gosh, I know that it shouldn't go from forwards to reverse with NO brakes.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:24 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by durwank View Post
Gosh, I know that it shouldn't go from forwards to reverse with NO brakes.
Gotcha, sorry bro! I'm actually new at all this so I can only guess. The settings on the controller are for fine tuning and differential. I haven't even touched my differential switch. I know the very first time I turned my Summit on it was running in forward gear (I was holding it in my hand) After I set it down and ran it inf forward and reverse a couple times it worked fine. I would suggest posting this question on the Traxxas forum go to the Summit section. I have found a lot of useful info. there but you have to have a ISP provided email account like Roadrunner or something, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo wont be accepted. Good Luck
Old 03-30-2010, 10:15 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mojave View Post
Gotcha, sorry bro! I'm actually new at all this so I can only guess. The settings on the controller are for fine tuning and differential. I haven't even touched my differential switch. I know the very first time I turned my Summit on it was running in forward gear (I was holding it in my hand) After I set it down and ran it inf forward and reverse a couple times it worked fine. I would suggest posting this question on the Traxxas forum go to the Summit section. I have found a lot of useful info. there but you have to have a ISP provided email account like Roadrunner or something, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo wont be accepted. Good Luck
Yeah, I've checked out the Traxxas site but I don't want to have to pay for an e-mail acc just to be able to use their site. I called up Traxxas and the tech I talked to said that this kind of thing will happen when it gets very wet. It is fine after it drys out again.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:20 PM   #9

Yeah it seems to be a common problem with the EVX2 in the Summit. Mine does the exact same thing.

So much for water resistant. Mine did this with a little water splashing around in 2-3" of muddy water.

I may one day when I'm bored try to further seal the ESC watertight and see if I can get rid of this annoying problem. Other than that the truck's been awesome.
Summit2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:27 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit2150 View Post

I may one day when I'm bored try to further seal the ESC watertight and see if I can get rid of this annoying problem. Other than that the truck's been awesome.
That would be a great project to share. I would have no idea where to even start. What would you use, silicon sealer?
Old 04-24-2010, 10:27 AM   #11

I have the same situation that reverse is not slowly progressive ... but seems to jump to redline reverse speed - have you stepped down the gears - if so what did you test and use?
Sokelobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Default rx waterproofing

iv pulled my receiver apart and took it out of the plastic box and plugged all my wires back in and sprayed it with three coats of plastidip and threw the little plastic box away and put the rx back in the holding compartment and then sprayed the outside of that with the plastidip also. no probs now.
panama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:47 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

now that is some deep digging
dblrnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

That is a common issue with the evx2 i have had two that did that after getting wet.My buddies doesn't do it,It's a weird quirk some get it some don't.
jaymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:20 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Default and

my 50/70% switch hung just slightly off 50% so i turned off my tx and switched the throttle percent switch back and forth one time and turned it back on and that stopped the reverse jump i was getting once

Last edited by panama; 09-18-2011 at 12:23 AM.
panama is offline   Reply With Quote