Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Someone please build some decent bulkheads

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 10:58 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Someone please build some decent bulkheads

We have some fantastic supporters on here producing stuff to an exceptionally high standard.

Could one of you guys please make some decent bulkheads for the ERevo/Summit.

Please.

While we are at it, some decent skid plates would be a massive hit IMO.
All we have out there right now are the stock soft plastic ones that are lasting me 3 packs, or aluminium ones.

Now i'm a big fan of aluminium, but it's not the best material to make skid plates out of.

So please please please can someone pick up the gauntlet and build some skid plates and bulkheads.

If they're reasonably priced and work i'll guarantee they'll sell like hot cakes
cbr6fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #2

Are you having problems with the current bulkheads or are you just wanting some bling? I don't have a summit personally but they look like a pretty stout rig.

As far as skid plates I hear you on the aluminum. It's a pretty soft material and likes to hang up on rocks. At work we make some aluminum measuring wheels that we send out to get a hard and thicker anodizing than most of the anodizing is done at. It'll screw up a reamer if you have a bunch that you have to open up the bore on. What would you suggest for a skid plate material? There are tons of different plastics, stainless steel, titanium.

Carl
Powdersummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

No bling here, purely function over form

Had problems with the skid plate screw threads breaking up.

The bulkhead is a known weak spot on the ERevo though.

Hard anodised aluminium would be a good starting point, for a bit extra though i'd prefer titanium.

There are a few ERevo skid plates advertised on Ebay that are listed as Ti, but it's only after reading the small print you see they are aluminium but just Ti coloured
Old 02-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Another request please.

If one of the sponsors on here were to make some decent CVD's for the ERevo they'd clean up.

The stock shafts are very weak and the traxxas steel CVD's tend to bend with the RPM arms.

I'm trying to upgrade to LST XXL shafts but am having problems finding 6mm drive cups that are long enough.

Anyone have any idea please?
Old 02-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I don't have a Revo, but I am pretty hard on my Dewalt powered Maxx, and you are absolutely right about the Traxxas CVD's.

I have stock arms with ejector rod hinge pins and aluminum bulks, and if you take a good tumble the CVD shaft gets bent, and then on the next hit it pops out of the outdrive, sometimes cracking an A-arm when it goes. I am so F-n sick of bent shafts and broken stock plastic shafts. I can't seem to get a whole pack of bashing without breaking something on this truck.

I always thought that the Revo had a much better bulkhead design than the Maxx's because it has the aluminum hinge pin braces from the factory. Guess they still need a little refinement.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

The bulkheads seem to just last when warm, but there have been a few failures on the UK forums during the winter so it seems the cold weather sends them a little brittle.

Shouldn't be to hard for one of the sponsors here to make up some indestructible DVD's.

I'm tempted to try the LST XXL CVD's upgrade.
Only a few running these but i've not heard of a failure yet.

So come on sponsors either put together a kit to install the LST XXL CVD's or make up a new set of CVD's as strong is not stronger

Ohhhhh and a titanium skid plate for the underside please
Old 02-20-2011, 01:35 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

mip has the steel axles for the revo,summit,and etc---problem ive found is the cross pins is smaller and i twist the piece that holds the cross pins in half--they are alot stronger than stock but they also have their weak points
Burned Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:18 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burned Up View Post
mip has the steel axles for the revo,summit,and etc---problem ive found is the cross pins is smaller and i twist the piece that holds the cross pins in half--they are alot stronger than stock but they also have their weak points
Aye, they also tend to bend when used with the slightly softer RPM A-arms unfortunately.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:01 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I dont know if the Revo/summit stuff is the same as E-maxx stuff but FLM makes some killer stuff for those: http://www.fastlanemachine.net/prodd...LM10300&cat=15
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
I dont know if the Revo/summit stuff is the same as E-maxx stuff but FLM makes some killer stuff for those: http://www.fastlanemachine.net/prodd...LM10300&cat=15

Wow that is a fantastic piece of engineering, unfortunately it is substantially different to the ERevo bulkheads

They do do some ERevo parts though, their diff cups look fantastic, so thanks for the heads up

It's a real shame as i honestly believe there is a market out there for ERevo bulkheads and even more so ERevo 1/2 shafts.

Surely it wouldn't take too much in the way of tooling up for one of the sponsors here to makes some 6mm 1/2 shafts?

Cheers
Mark
Old 02-23-2011, 06:31 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

These are the cheapest I've found and work great for me!

http://onehobbies.com/index.php?main...ducts_id=16264
jrowles91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrowles91 View Post
These are the cheapest I've found and work great for me!

http://onehobbies.com/index.php?main...ducts_id=16264

Thanks for the headsup.

Unfortunately they're very different than the ERevo bulkheads so will not fit.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6fs View Post
Thanks for the headsup.

Unfortunately they're very different than the ERevo bulkheads so will not fit.

Oh silly me. Should have noticed, sorry bout that. Check to see if that company makes some though.
jrowles91 is offline   Reply With Quote