Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: wounded summit can still out crawl many RCs....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default wounded summit can still out crawl many RCs....

Took wounded summit out for what I thought would be the final Battle run before I break it down and rebuild build all the major components for maintenance..

Well I went through 2 sets of Traxxas series 4 battery packs ( about 1 hour of run time) and its still running… it just won’t go down for the count….

Why my title page? While in Sanford Boat launch I met a guy going fishing with his family that said he had a wraith and that even with my issues I was going through sections his wraith would have difficulty. I don’t know (and don’t care) if its true… all I know RC-ing is fun. He said “he had seen the summits (not like this freaking thing) on video and boxed up but not in person or witness how rugged they are…

I was running alone so I have a lot of video of rocks but I put the better parts together so you can see my Video of what (Nathan, I think was his name was and his family) sat for a few minutes watching me make...

No Music in video so you can hear that it was truly damaged....

video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzgoxg5abO4

Last edited by Mdlopez1; 09-04-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Mdlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I would be careful with this..... Many have said the same and got a lot of shi* for it, just know though that the summit is very much bigger that most crawlers and the wraith so yes it is going to be able to go up or over some things but that doesn't mean it can out crawl.
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
I would be careful with this..... Many have said the same and got a lot of shi* for it, just know though that the summit is very much bigger that most crawlers and the wraith so yes it is going to be able to go up or over some things but that doesn't mean it can out crawl.

I know some people go nuts over things... Chevy versus Ford Versus Dodge versus Toyota...

I was just quoting Nathan... I know the summit is larger than "Real Crawlers" and it wont do all the same things but each RC is designed for a purpose, and my point (ignoring Nathans comment) is summits are brutally rugged...

me... personally... the summit is Extreme Terrain RC thats why I have mine set up as i do... I got rid of many of my rcs and kept 2.... My stampede for speed and bashing and my summit for everything else...

I don't comp crawl... I tackle rough terrain that only most specialty RCs can conquer....

Last edited by Mdlopez1; 09-04-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

That videos like watching a Tmaxx on the rocks. Just blazing full throttle and going where ever it ends up. You need to get that bad boy fixed so it can actually crawl again...
m4rK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rK View Post
That videos like watching a Tmaxx on the rocks. Just blazing full throttle and going where ever it ends up. You need to get that bad boy fixed so it can actually crawl again...
I agree right now it's like a wrecking ball breaking through everything using momentum.... I prefer the more controlled approach and descend.

Hopefully I can resolve all the problems and get it back to how I like it soon...
Old 09-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Watching that thing flounder around is hardly crawling.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Watching that thing flounder around is hardly crawling.
no it was "tackling rough terrain that only most specialty RCs can conquer"

I think using the word conquer might be a stretch though
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

i didnt really see any crawling, just some point and shoot type of driving there. balls out, up and over.
lagz2point0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Yep, your all correct... I did not call that crawling... Nathan did... Me I call it trying hard as heck to finish breaking it... It didnt break, it would slip out of gear but did not finish breaking. But, even with all that it still went through areas many Rcs can't... Regardless of me "crawling" or "bashing" through the rocks, many RCs damaged (even working) like that could not do what I was doing.

Last edited by Mdlopez1; 09-04-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:55 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlopez1 View Post
Yep, your all correct... I did not call that crawling... Nathan did... Me I call it trying hard as heck to finish breaking it... It didnt break, it would slip out of gear but did not finish breaking. But, even with all that it still went through areas many Rcs can't... Regardless of me "crawling" or "bashing" through the rocks, many RCs damaged (even working) like that could not do what I was doing.
The beginning of the vid says "outcrawl". All while having twice the width and almost twice the height in rubber. There isn't really a comparison, apples and oranges. Just beating a dead horse...
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Neigh...neigh...nei...n...n... (Thud....) Beat'n....lol

I agree it's not crawling and a summit is not a crawler. But...I was capturing what Nathan had said...

I was was trying to break the tranny and difs that were already worn /damaged ( since it was time for a rebuild) by seeing how much abuse it could take.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlopez1 View Post
Neigh...neigh...nei...n...n... (Thud....) Beat'n....lol

I agree it's not crawling and a summit is not a crawler. But...I was capturing what Nathan had said...

I was was trying to break the tranny and difs that were already worn /damaged ( since it was time for a rebuild) by seeing how much abuse it could take.
I've got a summit trans in my scx10 and the thing is damn near bulletproof. Slamming into gear at full throttle hasn't hurt it at all, occasionally the shifter sticks from being gummed up but a quick cleaning and lube gets it goin again.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:26 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
I've got a summit trans in my scx10 and the thing is damn near bulletproof. Slamming into gear at full throttle hasn't hurt it at all, occasionally the shifter sticks from being gummed up but a quick cleaning and lube gets it goin again.
Do you know about the hidden adjustment on the trans.It loosens the tension on the detent ball that is what causes the sticky shift issue.
that may help you as well .a bunch of summit guys smoked servos from that issue(me too) did the adjustment. Issue solved shifts perfect every time.dirty clean, upside down...It's on the bottom of the trans under the shift rod. There is a small hole/Well inside the hole is a grub screw 2mm loosen as you shift it by hand back and forth get the tension set so there is just a tiny bit of drag.unfortunatly have to pull the trans to get to it.You don't have to take apart the trans.
in your case you may be able to get to it without removal.on a summit you have to remove it.You may already know about this if so nevermind..May help someone else anyways
jaymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:13 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Default removed

itook my spting and ball out,filled the hole and let the servo keep the bad boy in hi or lo. no probs
panama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #15

Default wraith man

Is like to have two summits one to crap on and one to cover it up with ....hahahahahahaha
junkyardc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

i used to do the whole "run it till it wont move", but i found that usually caused me to pay double for repairs. id just fix whats broken and go for a good run. they go up hills like no other, but a summit is hardly a crawler at all.

good looking truck man
OntarioCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote