Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: TCRC suspension

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2005, 03:55 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default TCRC suspension

I have been thinking of building an independent suspension maxx.
Has anybody tried the TCRC suspension set up? It gives a couple of inches more travel than stock with SHORTER shocks.
Just wondering if it had been tried.
tcmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2005, 04:12 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: TCRC suspension

i tried the independent suspension set up ,not the exact TCRC suspension set up and it did not work to good for me. :( when the suspension compresses you lose so much ground clearence. lock out the suspension and 4-link is the way to go for me. but give it a try you may have good luck with it . let us know and post some pics.
NICKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 05:55 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I'd have to agree with Nick on that one. I've been tweaking the hell out of my emaxx for a while. I've found out that you can make it a lot better than stock, but unless someone comes up with some radical new parts like new a arms, axle carriers or especially some new design cvd, you just can't get much better than a linked chassis and locked out arms. You can always lengthen the arms to increase articulation and ground clearance, but track width will always be directly proportional. Also, there is always the limit on the angle at which the cvd will still function properly.

I'd just buy the diffs, housings, tranny, cvd's and lock it out and link it if I were you. But like it was said before me, try it. Maybe you'll find something new that we've all missed.
WRMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 06:57 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I already have several capable solid axle trucks. I just want to try something different. I have an Emaxx I don't use too much, and I have a complete tcrc suspension with 1/8 scale diffs laying here. I just wondered if anybody had tried it.
I might just try it. I like to take on a challenge. Will probably use stock diffs with spools though. I have a large selection of shocks. So I should be able to find one that works well. I may need to try a different shock tower setup to get the max compression of the suspension.
Thanks for the replys. I always appreciate good information. I will post pics of the attempt. Thanks
tcmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 08:37 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

i was wondering this a long time ago, i think you would gain a lot of flex with it but i dont know if it would crawl as good as a solid axle truck

if you look on thier site, ther is a pic of an e-maxx with thier suspension kit flexing another stock e-maxx (which is something like 10 inches...i think) ans that seems to be a lot better than stock
spookyseven is offline   Reply With Quote