Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Are Maxx something of the past

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2006, 10:48 AM   #1

Default Are Maxx something of the past

Being a noobieeeee... See noticed that the Maxx section of this great site is dead compared to the other sections. Are Maxx's a good starting base to build a super crawler?

I like the way many of you did your axles and Maxx look to be a strong platform to build off. I am correct? Thanks
project_51X is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2006, 11:56 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by project_51X
Being a noobieeeee... See noticed that the Maxx section of this great site is dead compared to the other sections. Are Maxx's a good starting base to build a super crawler?

I like the way many of you did your axles and Maxx look to be a strong platform to build off. I am correct? Thanks

To build a Maxx based crawler, the right way.... be ready to spend a lot more time to build it, a lot more money. Either you hunt down many of the discountinued Maxx conversion parts(I know there are several RCRG kits still out there) or build it all yourself.

The main problem is that the technology for building a competitive crawler has increased in the past 2 years. A Maxx crawler has it's place, but to really compete you'll need a lot of time in the drivers seat and in the fab shop.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Red face

I have both a maxx and a clod. I am newer to this sport than most. about three years total I compete and have never come close to winning a comp. From my point of view. There is far more parts you can buy for a clod and there are way more people running them. So that makes it way faster to get throught the learning curve. The maxx truck is by far my favorite they (for the most part) are way more involved to get a comp worthy rig like toyfast said but I am sure I have never broken anything on a maxx crawler but a gd600 I seem to tear something up on my clod every time I hit the rocks I would more than likely compete with a clod<but allways play and bash w/the maxx crawler! "note" this is the opinon of an idiot if you chose to follow the advice of an idiot you do so at your own risk!!!
alabamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:41 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i run a maxx crawler(pics are elsewhere in the maxx section) and it fairly competitive and its an out of the box conversion with no special mods. if built correctly a maxx crawler is extremely competitive the main things to be aware of when making one are weight placement(towards the front)tires(i run 40series moabs) and 4 wheel steering(must have on a super) and if your handy enough a stock maxx can be made competitive with a minor wheel base stretch and 4 wheel steering. it takes lots of wheel time and some fab work but it can be done
gooba is offline   Reply With Quote