Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Project E-Crawl slowly but surely

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2004, 08:30 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Project E-Crawl slowly but surely

So I guess like everyone else heres the start of my e-maxx crawler, ive been buying all the tools I need to make this possible...and hop ups for my e-maxx so far the only upgrades are savage piggy back Integy shocks, new spade skids all around, R&R racing spur gear slip kit, new set of traxxas pinnions, Futoba S3305 steering servo,,,

plans are to setup the rear steering, full tube chasis, and four link suspension, and the lowest gears I can possibly find.....ohh yea and a new titan motor cuz lol I burned the hell out of my other one..

check out my virgin e-maxx

http://www.bulletproofcustoms.net/paginas/rctrucks.htm

stuff for sale
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...=3&rows=50
bulletproofcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2004, 12:27 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Project E-Crawl slowly but surely

oh yes and my pin hole camera I was planing to mount on my crawler,,,,but ill trade it to anyone for a used emaxx crawler chasis

Old 05-17-2004, 07:12 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Get in touch with rockraider here on the board about his chassis that he's starting to sell. Very inpressive and very nice! I believe there starting at around $80.... I'm trying to sell off some items so I can get one for my newest crawler that's in the works currently.

See some pictures of Dan's custom chassis at:
http://www.gerrish.net/highrocks1.htm
See the blue Blazer Maxx hybrid crawler and the yellow EB, the yellow EB is Dan's and it's a sweet crawler.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 08:55 PM   #4

you guys really put a smile on my face when i see the crazy shit you guys are able to do with your trucks....i really hope to have mine up and crawling within the next 3 to 4 weeks....

and thanks for the 411 "toyofast"
Old 05-19-2004, 06:01 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

1/4 of the way done with my 4 link i just have to drill a couple of more holes into some plexiglass and ill be done...did I mention those are t-maxx tie rods 116mm long...hopefully I can get this attachment for my dremel this weekend so i can make my own tie rods out of aluminum
ill be done tomorow evening hopefully

Old 05-19-2004, 09:32 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

lol, did u break ur front bulkheads on the landing of the second jump video on ur site?
Phantez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:25 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

heyyyyy dnt laugh,, but yea I did manage to get away with only breaking my front lower a-arm right in the arm pit thanks to my extra thick skids that still got bent to hell,,, I didnt know thou for like 2 days I was trying to figure out why the darn thing wouldnt stay straight till I took it to my local hobby shop and they found the problem in like 2 seconds...
Old 05-20-2004, 07:40 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Nice pics man. What are the specs on the 8-wheeler? That thing is sweet!!
Vu14TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 09:22 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Not bad, how are you mounting your shocks? axle or links?
MaxxZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 07:12 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

im not sure, originally i planned to mount them to the links but ill see what works out remember im using savage shocks so it gona be tricky...hope fully Ill have more pics up later this evening
Old 05-21-2004, 08:32 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Just a suggestion, you could make the shock mount on the chassis another 1/2" to an inch higher, and mount the savage shocks on the bottom links, givin that they wont bind because of the top links hitting them.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:58 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

thanks for the suggestion, this is so a test chasis till i get some funds together to weld up a tube chasis.......im still trying to figure out how im gona re-work the front and rear steering..
Old 05-21-2004, 05:16 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Do what I'm going to do, rad rc rear steer kit. No fab at all, except making the aluminum links if you don't buy the whole kit.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:22 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

well this ghetto ass crawler named "Elenor" finally look like something even thou im still gona do alot more changes to it so I can get the suspension to do what I have in mind.
And again I cant wait till I get my welder so I can get my tuber going and make something decent looking.

well heres a side view of what I have done so far I took the shafts off of my arms and used them as drive shafts for the extra length other then that it's been a pain in the ass just getting this far..

Old 05-22-2004, 09:52 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

well I got the front suspension finished so far ill try to finish the rear end tomorow, it's took me so long just to get this far I think the rear end should go together pritty smooth, after that ill work on getting my front and rear steering working ...... i do have one question can I just plug in another steering servo in to that empty slot next to my current steering servo for my rear steering?

Old 05-23-2004, 07:27 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

some more pictures ... if any of you pro crawlers see anything wrong im doing please help me and point it out I need all the help I can get....

check all my images here

http://community.webshots.com/user/syndesigns
Old 05-23-2004, 08:26 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

i dont think that u can use the empty slot on the stock emaxx reciever, because it doesnt have a nuetral position, the rear tires would either be turned full left or full right all of the time. but u can get a split cable that would let u opperate 2 servos at the same time.
jordanator62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 07:04 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Based on my experience with my maxx crawler your shock mounts at the top will not hold up. You are using your shocks as the actual third & fourth links in a four link set up. I have never seen it done that way. It may work fine, but it will put a lot of pressure on them in ways they were not desighned for.

The maxx controller should work for FWS. The third channel switch needs to be changed to allow for two position on ( on/off/on ) the one thats on the stock radio is (on/off).

Someone has already posted the how to on this site. I am making that mod this week. I will let you know how it goes.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:23 AM   #19
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanator62
i dont think that u can use the empty slot on the stock emaxx reciever, because it doesnt have a nuetral position, the rear tires would either be turned full left or full right all of the time. but u can get a split cable that would let u opperate 2 servos at the same time.
yes you can use that empty channel ,since its no longer needed for the 2nd gear, and use it for your rear steer. you need to swap out the stock switch for a 3way switch that has the on/off/on positions. My buddy came over and did mine( the guy that posted the pics on how to do it) and it works like a charm.just too bad i can't use it right now since my system can't handle all the juice with 4ws and all the other crap anyway, but it works just fine.. i can get pics of it if you need,just let me know
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:15 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

So I went to my local hobby shop and got a Y connector for my rear steering servo they said that should work, and a new front drive shaft...
but tell me can I just purchase the same steering components and just figure some kind of way to mount them?