Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: mounting an emaxx tranny to a tuber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2007, 08:16 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default mounting an emaxx tranny to a tuber

hey guys. i am planning on running a tuber chassis with a flat aluminum belly. i want the best performance i can get out of it, so i want to mount my tranny with the motor as low as possible. that means i will mount it sideways. but im confused on how to bolt it to the chassis. should i just use the stock mounts and bolt them to the side of the chassis? or will that not be strong enough? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks
grapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

follow up. i see that most everyone just mounts them normally. is that because the tranny is heavier than the engine? would that be the best way to do it?
Old 06-30-2007, 05:22 AM   #3
Colt Python/SR9c

TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:20 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

yeah i seen that. there are a couple more that are mounted sideways. but the majority mounts them normally. i take it that you believe that mounting it sideways is the best way? not that i don't believe you. i just want a few more opinions. it seems weird to me that everyone says mount the tranny with the motor at its lowest point, but almost everyone just mounts it normally. mostly i have heard the "motor at the lowest point" theory with people who run "pede" trannys. because the motor out weighs the tranny. but im not sure if that is the case with a maxx tranny.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:55 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

It doesnt matter if the tranny outweights the motor, you still want the motor as low as possible, twistedcreations actually used a tmaxx tranny there i belive, same as i did, get that motor as low as possible, the tranny will follow the motor where ever it goes and wont effect your cog as long as the motor is low.
mxracer525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:26 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer525 View Post
It doesnt matter if the tranny outweights the motor, you still want the motor as low as possible, twistedcreations actually used a tmaxx tranny there i belive, same as i did, get that motor as low as possible, the tranny will follow the motor where ever it goes and wont effect your cog as long as the motor is low.
cool. thanks for clearing that up. but i got yet another probly obvious question. does it matter what side you mount the motor and lay it down on? does it matter if the way i lay it is against the way the motor turns or with it? these are just thoughts that i have.