Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Torsion Maxx - Kira Krawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 05:02 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

my guess would have something to do with torque twist. on one side the driveshaft's rotation may be working against the flex???
allgm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #22

Default you're close...

all shafties will suffer this problem. it's a result of rotation/direction. if you only do straight-on approaches, you'll never see the problem. when you need to get a left wheel up first, start at a deeper angle (further off your intended line) and then correct your line by steering back into your intended direction. it takes lots of practice to get it right, but if it was easy everybody would do it.
broken down, what's happening is that the opposite diagonal corners are loading the drivetrain as the front tries to climb and the back is still pushing forward. if you could freewheel the back and still get enough traction to climb you would not have the same effect... but good luck causing vertical traction with no push. so practice, practice, practice
32inchTSLs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

Thanks TSL.
JamboreeTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:07 AM   #24
Rock Stacker

I got most of the electronics remounted and wires routed. I've attached the body with a couple mini bungees and it rests on the shock towers. Not perfect and not exactly what I like, but functional for now.

I've started star cutting the foams and I need to narrow the rims next.

I think I'll pick up the Castle BEC this week and maybe the 4WS computer from ClodMod racing.

After that, I'm going to give the Titan motors some work, wrapping them to 50 or so turns. By the time I manage to get all that done, the snow should have melted and I'll go find some rocks.
JamboreeTJ is offline   Reply With Quote