Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: maxx question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2007, 11:12 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default maxx question

i have a really quick question about the maxx i have picked up a old tmaxx the narrow verson and its a tmaxx. can i mount a emaxx tranny on to it and make it a ele and use it for crawling? or would i be better off to get a emaxx chassis and just use that or would it work just fine?
MGS511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2007, 11:52 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I'd buy an AX-10 or a WK. Sell the parts you have now and buy one. Then when you get either kit go to the corresponding forum and ask what tires you should run.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 12:23 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

to answer you just in the way you asked !! i have a tmaxx (2.5 wide) i have been thinking about converting to make me a 3rd e-maxx i would need the tranny and chassis everything else would work perfect. ( minus the esc,motors of course) but to make a crawler you will be near last place. to make a emaxx a crawler is alot of custom machining ....not saying you need to be a machinist but work with some metal. i have 2 emaxx's and one tmaxx parts are all over for me and if i need some thing i have it so i bought http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=001
complete axles ready for crawler chassis ...so to anser your question YES the narrow t/e maxx would make close to a 2.2 the wide make a super.

and there are people that convert a tmaxx by just switching the trannys and using velcro to hold teh batts so it is cheapper to buy a used tmaxx and switch trannys and have a emaxx-arick wil have pics to show my build once they get here
navyeoseabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:20 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thanks i have been debating if just to do this and run it stock for awhile then full blown converet
Old 12-23-2007, 11:59 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

When I had my E-Maxx in stock a-arm conviguration it did ok. but after a long time of beating on it, I wanted to start doing more and going more places. Since then I have been building custom Maxx crawlers and will never go back to the a-arm suspension. I have had many Maxx's and my father doesen't really like the axles because of the a-arms needing to be locked out. But after you do it once it just becomes very simple. If you do build up an E-Maxx in it's stock form they are tons of fun but when you start to get into competitive crawling and more serious rock crawling conditions it is smartest to build it up with a custom chassis and lock the axles. Just telling you some of the experiences that I have had to help make your decisoin.
Toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:40 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Shockly i have got it all set up and it work really well even with unmodded 40 searies tires too full foams and it works good.