Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: New Bronco RTR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2018, 07:37 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default New Bronco RTR

Anyone have the RTR version. I would love to see some pics. I would love to get one and add in the the Ess-one on board audio system as well as working headlights. Is this possible? Aside form the Lights and the sound system, do I need anything else to make this happen? New radio or receiver?
jwalker497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2018, 08:47 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New Bronco RTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker497 View Post
Anyone have the RTR version. I would love to see some pics. I would love to get one and add in the the Ess-one on board audio system as well as working headlights. Is this possible? Aside form the Lights and the sound system, do I need anything else to make this happen? New radio or receiver?
I have the RTR and a sound unit. I haven't installed it yet, but used it on a k5 blazer I have. It's pretty cool, but only at slow speeds...idle to grunt and a little more. After that it gets annoying because it's like having one gear up to redline. As for lights, there aren't light buckets molded in. You could probably rig something up but it's not ready to go. There are mounts in the fender wells for what looks like rock lights though.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:51 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I have the ESS Dual and light kit in my TRX4 Defender with the stock radio. The sound unit gets power directly from a Dean's or JUST connector and uses the Y-cables on the throttle and/or steering channel - I only have throttle hooked up. I use a MyTrickRC light controller so it pulls power from a Y-cable on the throttle channel as well. There's some detail shots in my build thread.

Haven't done anything to my Bronco yet though. I believe it has 3mm cut outs for the side markers and the same rock light cut outs as the Defender. There isn't a headlight/taillight kit yet though.
tuanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:00 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I am soo excited for this truck. I am selling my trailfinde which is practically brand new on ebay to fund this. I really need to make lights and a sound unit a reality though. This is too scale looking and cpapable to not have both. I purchased the ESS one system already and I need to figure out how to make the lights work. Any ideas?
Old 02-27-2018, 09:07 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuanies View Post
I have the ESS Dual and light kit in my TRX4 Defender with the stock radio. The sound unit gets power directly from a Dean's or JUST connector and uses the Y-cables on the throttle and/or steering channel - I only have throttle hooked up. I use a MyTrickRC light controller so it pulls power from a Y-cable on the throttle channel as well. There's some detail shots in my build thread.

Haven't done anything to my Bronco yet though. I believe it has 3mm cut outs for the side markers and the same rock light cut outs as the Defender. There isn't a headlight/taillight kit yet though.
What about this?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 02-27-2018, 11:23 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
These lights are for the Defender.

Send by my Pixel 2 XL with Tapatalk
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:38 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
I am soo excited for this truck. I am selling my trailfinde which is practically brand new on ebay to fund this. I really need to make lights and a sound unit a reality though. This is too scale looking and cpapable to not have both. I purchased the ESS one system already and I need to figure out how to make the lights work. Any ideas?
MyTrickRC can supply a light kit.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote

New Bronco RTR - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to mount a bronco body to an rtr? Easy Target Axial AX-10 Scorpion 45 08-16-2008 11:00 AM