Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Bronco for 1st gen trx-4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2018, 02:54 PM   #1

Default Bronco for 1st gen trx-4

Anyone know if they plan on selling just the bronco body? Or perhaps the bolting you need to mount the wheel wells directly to the chassis like on the bronco version? The bronco version seemed to make some cool improvements. But I dont' want to spend another 450 lol.
secondcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2018, 03:05 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Bronco for 1st gen trx-4

They do. The clear body was set for pre-order on March12th and the accessories for the body (chrome, wipers etc.) were set for pre-order on the 16th. I drug it out of my LHS owner. That was pre-order for him as a Traxxas direct vendor.

I don't know when they will be officially available but they are coming out with them.

Like you I didnt want to spend another 450.00 and already had mods on mine so converted it to the Bronco. As far as the chassis goes there is not much if anything that is different. The stub shafts are questionable because of the length for the center caps.

Converting over is easy and then you have the extra pieces for other builds or to put away just in case. The shock towers are worth keeping around.

I converted mine buying a chassis from one of the many parted out Broncos on ebay. It was 99.99 shipped. I got everything I needed minus the driveshaft. I combined the rear and front drive shafts from the standard trx4 replacement set to get the right length. The Traxxas P/N is 8250 for the replacement center driveshafts. \

You dont have to touch the front links. Just swap out the rear links.

The inner fenders that mount to the chassis all use existing holes and simply replace the shock towers. You will need no additional hardware.

Hope that helps a little.

Last edited by drtrydr2000; 03-19-2018 at 03:14 PM.
drtrydr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:46 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtrydr2000 View Post
They do. The clear body was set for pre-order on March12th and the accessories for the body (chrome, wipers etc.) were set for pre-order on the 16th. I drug it out of my LHS owner. That was pre-order for him as a Traxxas direct vendor.

I don't know when they will be officially available but they are coming out with them.

Like you I didnt want to spend another 450.00 and already had mods on mine so converted it to the Bronco. As far as the chassis goes there is not much if anything that is different. The stub shafts are questionable because of the length for the center caps.

Converting over is easy and then you have the extra pieces for other builds or to put away just in case. The shock towers are worth keeping around.

I converted mine buying a chassis from one of the many parted out Broncos on ebay. It was 99.99 shipped. I got everything I needed minus the driveshaft. I combined the rear and front drive shafts from the standard trx4 replacement set to get the right length. The Traxxas P/N is 8250 for the replacement center driveshafts. \

You dont have to touch the front links. Just swap out the rear links.

The inner fenders that mount to the chassis all use existing holes and simply replace the shock towers. You will need no additional hardware.

Hope that helps a little.
Just to be clear, you bought the chassis from the RTR part out because parts are not available, correct? I ask because the Land rover based TRX-4 chassis rails can be collapsed down a peg, to get to the shorter wheel based. Or am I mistaken?

BTW, have you found the body easier to mount with the fenders on the chassis, or on the body like the land rover?
AggressorBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:41 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE View Post
Just to be clear, you bought the chassis from the RTR part out because parts are not available, correct? I ask because the Land rover based TRX-4 chassis rails can be collapsed down a peg, to get to the shorter wheel based. Or am I mistaken?
You'd still need the links from the kit/Bronco or like the Vanquish Incision for 12.3". The Defender/Tactical doesn't have a way to shorten the wheelbase included, you need links. Just moving the Shock mounts forward doesn't change the wheelbase.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:31 PM   #5

I just recieved the Bronco fenders w/front mount platform for $12.00 on eBay....

Last I saw, guy had 3 sets left.
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:29 AM   #6

The long arm lift kit Traxxas had at the SEMA show would be everything you need to run 2.2 tires, and the bronco body on a 1st gen (which is my plan....).
Right?

https://traxxas.com/news/new-product/sema-preview
MODC is offline   Reply With Quote

Bronco for 1st gen trx-4 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need a 1st gen d350 LAREDO_OUTLAW Paint and Body 3 08-17-2015 07:37 AM
My 1st Gen Scorpion obxbronco Axial AX-10 Scorpion 1 09-16-2014 10:56 AM
1st gen question GEARSCIENCE RC4WD Bully 6 08-26-2009 06:57 PM
My 1st gen S10XtremeSR General Crawlers 3 10-31-2006 08:15 PM