Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: TRX-4 Bronco Body News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2018, 01:17 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default TRX-4 Bronco Body News

Traxxas Part # 8010X (priced at $160):

The Bronco body is painted black & includes front and rear bumpers, push bar, rear body mount, grill, side mirrors, door handles, windshield wipers, spare tire mount, red AND sunset decals - and yet still requires the inner fenders* that are unique to either the kit or the Bronco RTR for another $16.

Converting from a Defender or Tactical is a VERY pricey way to go.

However, the clear body** with decals, masks, tailgate insert is only $60!

* Part # 8072 - includes Fenders, inner, front & rear ( 2 each )/ rock light covers ( 8 ) / battery plate/ 3x8 flathead screws ( 4 )

** Part # 8010 - includes Body, Ford Bronco ( clear, requires painting )/ decals/ window masks/ tailgate panel insert/ adhesive foam tape ( 2 )

So - buy a kit and a clear body - to build a sweet custom Bronco for less than converting a Defender or Tactical.

But - it's also good news for those that have or are getting RTR Broncos, because you can thrash your stock body or save it for a shelf-queen, and get a clear body to fully customize to your liking, with (I'm sure) many ShapeWays options for grill, side mirrors, door handles, windshield wipers - and run steel or aluminum bumpers and/or spare tire mounts!

If you're OK with using the Black body and the Traxxas body bits, you could figure out the nickels and dimes, but that's a general takeaway of the situation... a lot depends on whether you're OK with whatever prices ShapeWays parts and the aftermarket bumpers and such will run you in the end.

One last note - I suppose the black-painted body is all the more expensive because I'd assume it has clear windows as it comes. However, There's no mention of the chrome side trim strips in the listing - I'm sure that's just an oversight...(?)

So - compare it to those pricey Chevy Blazer two-tone pre-painted bodies we've seen for sale.

Last edited by durok; 04-02-2018 at 01:34 AM.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2018, 07:01 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: TRX-4 Bronco Body News

The Clear body doesn't include the chrome trim or grille. So it's going to set you back more than $60 for a body. My LHS gave me a price on the black body, it;s well below the $160 on Traxxas's site. Still high but more where I expected it to fall.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:03 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Good point on the street prices... (ummm.... Share the quote? we don't know who your LHS is, so we won't hold them to it )

a little point to make here, tho'...

I listed exactly what was stated by Traxxas as far as what's included with what - clear body is lacking not only the trim, but also:

"front and rear bumpers, push bar, rear body mount, grill, side mirrors, door handles, windshield wipers, spare tire mount"

I edited the shit outta that post to be very concise.

As I said, "get a clear body to fully customize to your liking, with (I'm sure) many ShapeWays options for grill, side mirrors, door handles, windshield wipers - and run steel or aluminum bumpers and/or spare tire mounts."

"If you're OK with using the Black body and the Traxxas body bits, you could figure out the nickels and dimes, but that's a general takeaway of the situation... a lot depends on whether you're OK with whatever prices ShapeWays parts and the aftermarket bumpers and such will run you in the end."

Of course if you want it to be custom, you'll be paying a completely random (depending on what you want and what is available now or in the future) amount on top of the $60 (or whatever the street price is for just the clear body).

Just like customizing anything on any R/C...

Traxxas does sell all the missing exterior bits from the Bronco separately, if ShapeWays or some other vendor ain't got what you want............................................

Last edited by durok; 04-02-2018 at 08:11 AM.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:58 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Good point on the street prices... (ummm.... Share the quote? we don't know who your LHS is, so we won't hold them to it )
The store price will more than $100, less than $120.

My price was even lower, but I tend to spend quite a bit there.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:48 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Here is a break down on all the bits with the clear body

Body Exploded View

8010 Clear body (comes with window masks and both color decal sets) $60-
8073 Mirrors $5-
8071 Tailgate panel with tail lamp lenses $12-
8075 Door handles and wipers $5-
8070 Grill w/headlamp lenses $15-
8076 Side chrome trim with f&r side markers lenses $20-
8069 Front bumper and mount $10-
8068 Rear bumper and mount $10-
_________
$137- *** $23- less to buy everything separate, minus paint, spare tire and push bar.

*** Optional Accessories (Included with the black full body kit (8010x $160-))

8074 Spare tire and mount $15-

8066 Front bumper push bar $12-
_________
$164- *** $4 more than the black full body kit, minus paint.

*** If you are converting a Defender to a Bronco

8072 Kit and Bronco inner fender wells $16-
8248 Suspension link, rear, 5x109mm (upper or lower) (steel) (2) $7- x 2 sets $14-
_________
$167- w/o spare and push bar

$194- w/ spare and push bar

$190- with the black body kit 8010x $160- (which includes the spare tire and push bar)

Last edited by ScoJac; 04-02-2018 at 11:57 AM.
ScoJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:18 AM   #6

Good stuff. I'm still awaiting the LED light kit. Traxxas had that part number listed, but now I can't even find it on their sight.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 02:22 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I converted my defender over. Total cost was right around 260.00. Still significantly lower than another TRX4.

This purchase included:

- Free Wheelin' package (Sunset) Body from EBay (after seeing that the cost is comparable to the released prices)
- Slider Chassis minus portals from EBay
- Tires and wheels (didnt even use them lol)
- Bumpers (again after one run decided not to use)
- Driveshafts (slider did not include them)

The above is all that is "needed" to convert to the Bronco.

I could have saved myself 55.00 by not getting the bumpers and tires\wheels since I didnt even use them (the rear is a rock hook). They are not needed for the conversion.

After I got the needed parts I went ahead and ordered the chrome diff covers, extended portal shafts and finally got the tire carrier but these are not required.

To me it was the most economical way and more fun to build.

All in I am still less than a new TRX4 and I don't have to buy two sets of aftermarket hop ups for each one.

Another bonus, for me anyway, is I have the defender parts and a ton of spare chassis parts from the slider. I chose to use the Defender front bumper modified for a working winch for now. I also contemplated using the defender tire carrier but used it on a different rig. All kinds of cool "spare parts" to play with for other rigs.

If you are wanting the body the ones on ebay pulled from kits arent badly priced if you look around. Then if you decide to go a different color later or the body gets destroyed you have all the bolt on parts and only need to purchase the clear shell for 60.00. That was my theory anyway.

Last edited by drtrydr2000; 04-02-2018 at 02:33 PM.
drtrydr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:14 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

I was thinking of getting the Bronco rtr and selling the body. Nothing against it and it looks great, but I used to own a Cherokee and would love to put one of those on the TRX4, maybe with some Knight customs extras.
twentyniner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:36 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I have been looking all over for a clear SCX10.II Cherokee body for my TRX4 #3 Bronco chassis but no one seems to have them in stock. Not sure if the Horizon buy out of Hobbico has anything to do with Axial parts supply or what. At this point I may just wait a little longer and pick up the 8010X body.

Last edited by Inspector86; 04-02-2018 at 09:49 PM.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:02 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
I have been looking all over for a clear SCX10.II Cherokee body for my TRX4 #3 Bronco chassis but no one seems to have them in stock. Not sure if the Horizon buy out of Hobbico has anything to do with Axial parts supply or what. At this point I may just wait a little longer and pick up the 8010X body.

DDM had a few when i ordered mine and the Roof rack a few weeks ago. They have a lot of Axial in stock usually.

Axial AX31337 Axial 2000 JEEP CHEROKEE BDY
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:12 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
DDM had a few when i ordered mine and the Roof rack a few weeks ago. They have a lot of Axial in stock usually.

Axial AX31337 Axial 2000 JEEP CHEROKEE BDY
Thanks for the tip! I just placed an order for the Cherokee body.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:23 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

My LHS had about 3 clear Jeep Cherokees when I bought mine not sure if they ship items out but that store is loaded. They owner and employees are into crawling so they have huge stock of items. If anyone is interested PM me and I will pass on their information if you would like. Odds are they will end up with Bronocs painted and clear also.
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:25 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyniner View Post
I was thinking of getting the Bronco rtr and selling the body. Nothing against it and it looks great, but I used to own a Cherokee and would love to put one of those on the TRX4, maybe with some Knight customs extras.

Already started a build thread with a Jeep Cherokee on a TRX4
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:26 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
Already started a build thread with a Jeep Cherokee on a TRX4
I saw that, it looks great so far. I have a couple of questions, but will post them in your thread.
twentyniner is offline   Reply With Quote

TRX-4 Bronco Body News - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trx 4 bronco build BRENDEN J Colorado 2 01-26-2023 11:06 AM
Trx 4 Bronco question MackPremo Traxxas TRX-4 4 03-30-2018 02:25 PM
TRX Bronco Exocaged Traxxas TRX-4 13 07-20-2017 07:16 AM
any news on the bronco cammok5 General Crawlers 15 10-11-2006 03:47 PM