Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: What to do with my TRX-4 Bronco pre-roller chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2018, 05:50 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default What to do with my TRX-4 Bronco pre-roller chassis

Story: A few months back, I bought a new Bronco pre-roller chassis off eBay, which had no body, electronics, or wheels, since I had most of what I needed to build it up, and was planning to just lock the diffs completely(already bought spools for it).
After I'd done some more reading, though, I started to see that the diff lock/unlock capability might be useful, even fun, which means I'd have to work on setting up all those micro servos, and get a 4-ch radio (or hack my GT3C). Would it be easier to simply get a Traxxas TQi 4-ch radio, or mess with hacking the GT3C, or getting something completely different? I don't think I'll be up for spending much $$ on a radio just for that truck. Kinda leaning towards a TQi 4-ch off eBay. I'm kicking myself for not buying the RTR Bronco, and instead getting the HPI Venture FJ. I'm probably going to be selling the Venture, because it's just sitting on a shelf.
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2018, 06:00 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: What to do with my TRX-4 Bronco pre-roller chassis

I'd suggest picking up Spektrum DX5C setup. It will be with you, build after build, and you'll definitely appreciate having 5 channels on other scalers as well
the_ghetto_rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:20 AM   #3
RCC Addict

If you can i would just hack the gt3c. Or you can get a flysky (turnigy)) gt5 6 channel Radio for under 100$ flysky under 80$ turnigy.

Send by my Pixel 2 XL with Tapatalk
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:40 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ghetto_rig View Post
I'd suggest picking up Spektrum DX5C setup. It will be with you, build after build, and you'll definitely appreciate having 5 channels on other scalers as well
A few months ago they ran a sale on Spektrum products, and I thought about doing that, but wasn’t fully convinced of keeping the chassis. In a ways, I’m still not, because I feel it may be more work than worth the fun I might get out of it.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:09 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Spent some dough this evening, using Spektrum's trade-up program to get a new DX5C radio. I traded in the DX2E radio that came with my RTR K10 Ascender, which got me $15 off. Not a huge savings, but better than a sharp stick in the eye.
Still looking at a good while before getting the TRX4 running, with other projects in the forefront, and most of my time spent being a dad.

What to do with my TRX-4 Bronco pre-roller chassis - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pre-Order Now - Traxxas TRX-4 Scale & Trail Ford Bronco Crawler RTR 1/10! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 3 02-20-2018 09:14 AM
Pre-Order - Traxxas​ TRX-4 Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 1 02-19-2018 09:43 PM
Open for Pre-Order - New Traxxas Over & Under Gearsets For TRX-4! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 02-08-2018 12:13 PM
Open for Pre-Order! New Traxxas TRX-4 Tactical Unit RTR! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 2 10-31-2017 02:16 AM
Traxxas TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler - Open for Pre-Order! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-03-2017 10:57 AM