Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: LHS Painted Bronco Body sighting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
Gold Star Baby!

Default LHS Painted Bronco Body sighting

I’ve been wondering what the LHS price would be on the full body kits. $129.99 ain’t cheap but it’s better than I thought it would be. ($160 from traxxas)
Attached Images

Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2018, 02:13 PM   #2

Default Re: LHS Painted Bronco Body sighting

OK, but I want clear. How much for a clear from that LHS?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:48 PM   #3
Gold Star Baby!

He said the clear one is on back order from Traxxas, and they aren’t expecting it till the end of June. Since they haven’t had it in stock before he wasn’t comfortable quoting a price.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:33 PM   #4
RCC Addict

PD- Just wanted to say thanks for providing the lowdown when the clear ones became avail thru Traxxas. I got mine quickly after and then they were back-stocked again. I've had it for a couple weeks now along with all the trim acc... Ready to paint now! I debated between Tamiya dark metallic blue and dark green but in the end I was liking neutral-colors more ( white, silver, and gun metal). If a race-track trim package was avail for this body, I would've done that in a bright-colored two-tone but no such luck. I think I've chosen the gun metal. It looks so mean on that truck and although it's not factory correct, I'll hopefully be able to get away with it. Gonna tint the windows and do a darker tint on the hard-top windows. Hope I wind up liking the color and that I don't mess it up cause this thing is just too damn expensive lol! Anyway... Thanks again, man!
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 05:56 PM   #5
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
PD- Just wanted to say thanks for providing the lowdown when the clear ones became avail thru Traxxas. I got mine quickly after and then they were back-stocked again. I've had it for a couple weeks now along with all the trim acc... Ready to paint now! I debated between Tamiya dark metallic blue and dark green but in the end I was liking neutral-colors more ( white, silver, and gun metal). If a race-track trim package was avail for this body, I would've done that in a bright-colored two-tone but no such luck. I think I've chosen the gun metal. It looks so mean on that truck and although it's not factory correct, I'll hopefully be able to get away with it. Gonna tint the windows and do a darker tint on the hard-top windows. Hope I wind up liking the color and that I don't mess it up cause this thing is just too damn expensive lol! Anyway... Thanks again, man!
No problem HPD, happy to help and thanks for saying that.

I’ve been sitting on my clear body, trying to find the right paint as well. Tough decision! Lately I’ve been looking at interior car paints after seeing the results in another thread, have yet to pull the trigger though.

Please share how you go about the tint. Looking forward to see what your finished product looks like
Old 05-25-2018, 06:53 PM   #6
RCC Addict

No problem, PD. I'll definitely post up pics... maybe a dedicated thread. I missed that interior paint thread so I may take a look at it before finalizing my game plan. Always cool to see what people are doing with these bodies.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 10:47 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Lol that's my old lhs!
Discount hobby in clairemont mesa. Or is it Kearny mesa... Its right on the border.
Cool shop nice guys. I always supported them but I moved and now my lhs is el cajon hobbies.
Not as friendly but they have a cool little indoor rock course!

Anyway its insane how much traxxas is charging for these Broncos bodies. I love the cheap wheels though!!!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:14 AM   #8
Gold Star Baby!

Nice! I spent most of last year in San Diego (La Mesa) and that’s where I got into RC thanks to my oldest bro. We used to frequent El Cajon too, Harry and crew are great. I bought my rally from discount though, total impulse buy but that was the first time I saw one available locally and it was a good price so I jumped on it. Krazy Kevin’s was my go to for parts, dude had everything in stock and a lot of it usually.

Miss the crawls at Summit. Hoping to go back for thanksgiving. The SD Scalers group out there on FB is a good group of peoples too.

LHS Painted Bronco Body sighting - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
saw an old truck body at LHS...? Defender Paint and Body 2 07-03-2007 09:21 AM