Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Bronco front bumper recommendation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2018, 03:28 PM   #1

Default Bronco front bumper recommendation

Any good recommendation for a front bumper for the Bronco? I find that the stock chrome bumper gets in the way a lot on approach and I can't get my tires on the rock.

I have been looking at the SSD Rock Shield Winch Bumper (the narrow one as well) and the RC4WD Metal Front Winch bumper. Prefer something aluminium to add a tiny bit more weight up front and something with decent scale looks.

I know I could run without a front bumper, but I like having something there to protect the body if I need to brute force something.

Any recommendation? Would really like some pictures if you have a Bronco with a third party bumper installed.
Zoqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2018, 04:07 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Bronco front bumper recommendation

I ran the ssd narrow winch bumber on my trx4 bronco body and it worked ok. still hung up in the middle but let you get a tire on the rocks better than the stock. may have worked a bit better with a 0v 11.5h bumper mount but I changed over to a hilux body before I got to try it.

zohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:40 PM   #3

Currently I think I'm leaning more towards the Scalerfab D90 Replica full-size or their Prerunner series. Tempting to try raw steel and then polish it up for a good shine.
Zoqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:58 PM   #4

I am using this:

For TRX-4 - Yeahracing - (#TRX4-032BK) Aluminum Alloy Front Bumper w/LED Light For Traxxas TRX-4 Axial SC

Last edited by chvvkumar; 07-23-2018 at 09:01 PM.
chvvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:41 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

found this on ebay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Armor...from=R40&rt=nc
steven318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven318is View Post
I kind of like the simplicity of this front bumper! And I really like the price. Thank you for sharing.
Miatardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:18 AM   #7

Nice truck! I like the bumper on there too. Who makes those headlights? I like the yellow incandescent bulb look.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Nice truck! I like the bumper on there too. Who makes those headlights? I like the yellow incandescent bulb look.
Hi! Thanks! The light kit is from Powershift RC and at $25 way cheaper than the others.

As for the bumpers, I had to remove the two plastic bars from either end of the front bumper as the bumper was originally intended for the defender. It looked very odd on the Bronco. Other things I did with the bumpers is I flipped them upside down to increase ground clearance as well as cut out the hitch receiver from the back. This significantly improved the rear departure angles.

I posted pictures about these elsewhere and what the truck looked like before removing the bumper pieces:

https://www.rcsparks.com/forum/threa...4/#post-418956

EDIT: Correct link:

https://www.rcsparks.com/forum/threa...-bronco.43704/

Last edited by chvvkumar; 07-24-2018 at 11:33 AM.
chvvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 05:50 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I'm very happy with the way the Integy bumper fits the Bronco after removing the corner hoops. A lot of people bad mouth Integy, and I agree their customer service is non-existant, but they do have some nice pieces like bumpers for example. All the bars in this bumper are aluminum not plastic like some other brands.

Last edited by Inspector86; 07-28-2018 at 10:39 PM.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:29 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoqi View Post
Any good recommendation for a front bumper for the Bronco? I find that the stock chrome bumper gets in the way a lot on approach and I can't get my tires on the rock.

I have been looking at the SSD Rock Shield Winch Bumper (the narrow one as well) and the RC4WD Metal Front Winch bumper. Prefer something aluminium to add a tiny bit more weight up front and something with decent scale looks.

I know I could run without a front bumper, but I like having something there to protect the body if I need to brute force something.

Any recommendation? Would really like some pictures if you have a Bronco with a third party bumper installed.
I have been running the yeah racing stinger winch bumper for the scx10. Works good but no protection on the sides. I did cut out my grill and recessed my winch in tight to gain as much approach angle as possible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
phanson0118 is offline   Reply With Quote

Bronco front bumper recommendation - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chrome Push Bar on Bronco Front Bumper Shape_Shifter Traxxas TRX-4 5 03-13-2018 02:49 PM
Rear bumper recommendation Crappie1 Axial SCX10 II 6 12-14-2016 11:13 PM