Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Winch Bumper needed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2019, 02:28 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Winch Bumper needed.

I have been searching around and wanted to get a new bumper and 9.5cti winch for my TRX4. I was looking at the RC4WD bumper and it looks good, but don't see any reviews or uses on here or shopping sites.

I am running an Ambush as well as a Comanche body for my build so if anyone has any recommendations for bumpers that would fit those bodies I would be appreciative.

Here is the one I am considering for my build. IF you have links post them up please.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/rc4wd-t...zs0543/p767520
CRAZYACE63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2019, 02:40 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Winch Bumper needed.

I have the yeah racing bumper. It has a good fit, finish and quality. I currently have a cheap china winch. Just another option to consider

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Dirt Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:12 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I think this one is a nice match to the Cherokee/Comanche body. It's also from RC4WD.

https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/rc4z-s1849.htm

Last edited by Inspector86; 03-02-2019 at 06:18 PM.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:29 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Just throwing my recent experience in here - I picked up a "KYX" brand bumper for my Bronco that I loved the look of but the build quality was super rough:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/KYX-Front-M...53.m2749.l2649

I think it visually fits the truck nicely but the provided pegs that mount to the bumper and go into the front mount on the TRX4 were blatantly wrong or mis-engineered. You're supposed to stick them into the bumper and screw two silver screws through the front to secure them, but the flat surface behind the screw hole isn't wide enough for the mounting pegs to sit flush, so you sort of just force the screw in as far as it will go and hope everything is straight. Since the screws are under a lot of stress the threads strip out super easily and RIP bumper. It never quite fit snugly.

The top triangular bar also fell off as well on pack 3, revealing very poorly drilled holes with withering threads. Today my winch arrived, and the bumper is too demolished to even use so I'll be getting another - does anyone know if this KYX bumper is a ripoff of a better-built version? I'd love to pick the same style up but built correctly. I definitely beat my truck up a bit due to the extreme terrain I've got nearby, but I feel like this thing was made of paper mâché.

On the upside, here's some pictures from it. I think it looked absolutely killer and I wish I could have gotten the winch on to complete it:

Last edited by jessedacri; 03-02-2019 at 10:42 PM.
jessedacri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:15 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
I think this one is a nice match to the Cherokee/Comanche body. It's also from RC4WD.

https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/rc4z-s1849.htm
That looks great on the Cherokee that you built. I think you just sold me on that one.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I liked them all. Hopefully I don't get indecisive and buy them all for options. lol.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:54 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Ordered up the bumper, winch, and wireless winch controller. Plus a few other things. Got some Gmade wheels and Hyrax tires. Also RPP has the Bowhouse high clearance skid in stock.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:45 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I use the Injora front bumper, it’s very nice & mounts perfect.
Short_Bus_Kustoms is offline   Reply With Quote