Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Need some help, let me pick your brain

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2019, 08:47 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Need some help, let me pick your brain

So I was driving my bronco the other day and lost the use of shifting the front locking servo. I thought the servo might have died, that seems common from what I've read. So I tried a brand new servo, that didn't work. Next I swapped the two locking servos, channel 5 into 4 and vise versa. Both servos work and are good. So my next thought was the receiver might be bad. I have an exact receiver that I pulled from another truck, that still didn't work. So the last thing I did was use an exact radio from another truck with the original receiver, now everything works just as it should. I'm thinking maybe I have a bad remote or possibly the chrome switch on top went bad? You guys have any thoughts. Might have to put a call into traxxas and see what they say.
venomous98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2019, 09:51 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Need some help, let me pick your brain

Had a similar problem.
The tx obviously fell while not in use (of course the kids didn't do it), right onto the chrome switch.
Sometimes it felt like a spoon in a glass of water. Sometimes it worked as it should. Sometimes it just did not, like it only had two positions, didn't snap into them, or just worked when (or while) the lever was pushed.

Opened the tx, found some plastic pieces and a bent switch case, case clear.
The switch is a spdt on/off/on standard type (with a special lever that's hard to get outside the modelers world it seems) connected with three wires, so it's easy to replace if you can solder a bit.

Maybe yours got a bit dirt into it and has no contact on one side.
To test you could try to reverse the channel, if the servo changes it's most likely the switch. It's easier to try this with the app/bluetooth but it's possible with blinking through it, too.
Or: open up the tx and look for loose wires and stuff. Then set the switch to center and short the middle contact with one of the outers with pliers or something, you should see a reaction on the model.
amigaman is offline   Reply With Quote

Need some help, let me pick your brain - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brain Test EeePee Chit Chat 58 11-21-2013 03:40 AM
Brain Games, got one? Hunter711 Chit Chat 3 10-13-2013 02:37 PM
pick your brain... ynmech Axial XR10 9 01-10-2013 02:05 PM
I've had a Brain Fart Monstergt EnRoute Berg 7 05-05-2011 12:48 PM