Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Bumper lights for TRX Bronco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2019, 03:55 PM   #1

Default Bumper lights for TRX Bronco

I'm interested in installing a pair of round LED lights on either the standard front bumper of my Bronco or on the standard push-bar. I know there are 3rd party ones out there, but would be interested to know if someone has tried it out on the standard items. Just want to get an idea of how to go about it as it would probably need some drilling and possibly gluing. I plan to install a full light kit at some stage and need to get a sense of which spots will fit in with the rest of the kit. Two brands I'm considering for the full kit are Mytricksrc Bronco kit or Firebrand RC's Illuminatrix (https://www.firebrandrc.com/index.ph...ht-system.html), which is cheaper.
redpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2019, 05:27 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Bumper lights for TRX Bronco

That illuminatrix stuff is crap.
You can't reverse the channels, and you can't learn center position or direction either.
So both channels mostly do not show what you're commanding on the transmitter.
Also, the functions of almost all those chinese systems are way off even the smallest sense of "scale", let alone the look of the lamps.
The Bronco has 3mm/5mm mounts for anything except front lights, so you just need a good scale front and a better controller.
Search "LaneBoys" or "Open Source Lights" and you'll get something better, and there are plenty options for front lamps on ebay and such.

I don't know about the mytrickrc (mytricksrc? Seems he doesn't know himself, or there are scammers around...), but it looks like it's decent.
amigaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 10:17 PM   #3

Thanks. The Laneboys system is very well thought out, but looks like it needs a bit more wiring know-how. Will give it some thought.
redpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 02:55 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

It needs fine soldering, and it's more work than just plugging in a few pre fabricated LEDs.
But those wires are always way too short or too long, and the laneboys system will allow you to use the gear switch to control the extra functions like light bars and such. No other on the market does that, afaik.
That is, if you have the stock rx/tx still. If you have spare channels then that won't be a problem.
And it is pretty complex to program, because you need to, also not just plug in and forget. But you get a 100% scale look, configurable as you like.

The other system you posted seems to be a mix of both: plug and forget, still scale with proper lamps and wire lengths.
amigaman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bumper, firebrand, illuminatrix

Bumper lights for TRX Bronco - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SSD TRX-4 Bronco Winch Bumper durok Traxxas TRX-4 17 04-19-2020 03:11 AM
Rock lights on a TRX-4 Bronco? Snowflake Traxxas TRX-4 9 01-31-2019 05:53 AM
Sneak Peek of the NEW SSD TRX-4 Bronco Front Bumper! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 08-17-2018 11:34 AM
SSD RC Sneak Peek TRX-4 Bronco Winch Bumper RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-26-2018 10:27 AM