Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Utah

Notices

Thread: 801RCC Wednesday Weekly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 05:58 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default 801RCC Wednesday Weekly

Well with winter starting to subside it's time to kick off the crawling season with our weekly GTG's out at Black Rock.

I usually update as to who went and who broke and how the conditions were.
It would be cool to see others post their thoughts or comments about the Wednesday outings too.

See ya on the rox.
NaZ-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2008, 10:06 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Well I'm off to a bad start. One of the guys called in so I had work till close. No crawling for me. :-(

I know a few guys went out, but I don't know if they will give us an update. If not I'll try and hit next Wednesday.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:15 PM   #3
RCC Addict

-4/02/08-

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
Deano and myself made it out to black rock last night, we got some good crawling in, we both burnt almost a pack. And very happily can report there was no broken rigs. Deano changed up his front shocks a little and his rig looked really good, i think he's dialed and ready for fools day fallout. My rig felt really good too, I think ive got the rig with the new poulsons dialed in and comp ready.
Thanks for the update Snowman
Old 04-09-2008, 10:59 PM   #4
RCC Addict

-4/09/08-

Man this Winter wont let go.
Well the snow stopped just B4 Mac10 and I arrived at Black Rock. We had been running for about 15min when Chewy arrived to burn a pack B4 he hit the "3 Doors Down" concert at Saltair just down the road.

My foams were a bit on the stiff side with the cold temps, but the rig felt pretty good. Mac10 popped an idler gear (we think) but he was able to milk it the last little bit. Rig looks hooked up Mark. Chewy was runnin a new shock setup (losi's). Quite the change from Sunday. His rig was lookin real good too.

We only ran 1 pack, but it was a good 1.
See everyone at the comp. Only 3 days away
Old 04-16-2008, 10:38 PM   #5
RCC Addict

-4/16/08-

Well once again it snowed off and on all day and once again it cleared up just in time for a few of use to get some crawling in.

J-rad and I hit the rock just after 6. There were 2 other crawlers out there when we arrived (sorry I can't remember your names). J-rad and my self got straight to crawlin. I already was missing half a CVD pin but decided not to fix it so I could get more drive time. About 20 min in to our run J-rad bent a servo arm and was down for a few min. I pondered my suspension while J-rad fixed his rig. My rig seemed a bit off today. I'm going to need to check a few things :? Anyway we pretty much had finished our packs just as I was running out of power I fell off a ledge and snapped the CVD bone. I think I was mostly do to the half pin.

Hope we get some good weather next week

See ya on the rox.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:42 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Here are a few pics I took yesterday

Old 04-23-2008, 10:56 PM   #7
RCC Addict

-4/23/08-

Nice turnout today and even the weather was nice for once .
The drivers that came were Ape, Superboy, Roar, Scott, Phase, DeanO, Bacon, Thi, Chewy, and myself. Thi and Chewy both brought frinds but I didn't get their names, sorry. Not bad for a weekday.

I was able to put down a pack and a half. I know most of the guys got more than that. DeanO and I were the last ones to arrive other than superboy who show up just after we did. My rig felt much better than last week so I guess my minor change worked out well . Superboy was testing out a new set of Flat Irons. He was saying he needed to drive on them more to get a better feel for them. They did seem promising though.

As far as "Carnage" goes, the 1st one down was Ape, who fried a servo. Bacon ripped out a rod end but just threaded it back in for the remainder of his run. Just as it was starting to get dark Roar and I were hittin some brutal lines with giant holes and such. I atempted a big drop and fell about 4 feet while fully cranked on the steering. Full weight of the rig on 1 tire snapping a CVD bone. I think thats it for the damage report.

I had a blast today and my rig felt good. It was nice to log some drive time and hang out with everyone that showed up. Hope to see everyone next week.

See ya on the rox.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:02 PM   #8
ape

ill be out tomarrow hope to see u guys out at the rock
ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:25 PM   #9
RCC Addict

-4/30/08-

Cold,... It was cold at Black Rock today.

-Drivers-
XJman, Tiny, Special Ed, DeanO, Superboy, Mac10, Ape, Tunner, Phase, Pope, NazT, sorry if I missed anyone.

It was cold and windy. Definitely not ideal conditions for crawling. I only ran 1 pack but it was a good one, despite my foams being hard. We hit a bunch of the hard lines and played on some lines that I rarely see people drive on too. Special had a new chassis out for it's maiden run. Lookin pretty good for not having done any tuning. Mac10 had on his new TeAm LoCo panels. XJman was runnin a new set of Hammers that looked hooked up, While Pope was rockin a set of Rubicons.

As for carnage. I didn't see any broken parts while I was there, but someone might have had to make a quick fix without me noticing. I think everyone that went was glad they did. Hope for better conditions next week.

See ya on the rox
Old 05-08-2008, 02:13 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Here are some pics from the 30th. Like Mike said, it was cold, but everyone still had a great time!

metalry101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:01 AM   #11
RCC Addict

-5/14/08-

Perfect day for crawling

-Drivers-
Special, Scott, Utefly, Ape, Phase, Tunner, NazT, , DeanO, Monster, Snowman, Tiny, Pope, Roar, Mac10, Kinky Krawler, Thi, Bacon, Chewy, and Fathead
Both chewy and Bacon had friends with them crawling too (sorry I can't remember your names or if I forgot anyone)

The weather was perfect for crawling. We had a ton of people out at Black Rock today. Everyone was running the comp lines for last weekend to see if they could clean up their runs without the pressure. It was pretty laid back we spent a bunch of time BS'n and talking setups it was cool to see some old faces out again, (Fathead it was nice to log a bit of drive time with ya). Perfect weather and hangin out with everyone made for a great day of crawlin
As for broken parts I know Ape broke something (but thats nothing new) Snowman broke a stub axle on his rig (haven't seen that on a Poulson yet)
Their was a few more breaks but not sure what they were

I had a blast today. It's days like today that I really enjoy this hobby and the people in it. Thanks everyone for coming out to the "801RCC Wednesday Weekly". See ya next week

See ya on the rox
Old 05-16-2008, 08:53 PM   #12
ape

if it aint broke try harder
ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:56 PM   #13
RCC Addict

-5/21/08-

Got in a nice run today at Black Rock

-Drivers-
DeanO, NazT

The weather was threatening but it held long enough for DeanO and I to get in a real good run this evening. It was a bit cool, but a jacket was all ya needed. DeanO and I stuck to the main lines for the most part. It was nice to get in some tunning on familiar obstacles.

DeanO was having some issues with his rig when we 1st started but after a quick shut down and rebinding the radio it ran the rest of the day flawless.

Wasn't to busy today but I had a great time. Hope to see everyone next week

See ya on the rox
Old 05-28-2008, 11:24 PM   #14
RCC Addict

-5/28/08-

Nice crawl session today

-Drivers-
XJman, Tiny, Raor, DeanO, Superboy, NazT, Special, Ape, LunchBox, and Bob

Nice driving today. The weather was perfect. Tiny and XJman finished off a full day of crawl'n by joining the rest of us this evening for some sick crawling. We ran a ton of lines today. and spent a good amount of time shoot'n the breeze. It was nice to see Bob out crawling. Now he just needs another battery

In the usual fashion Roar had his idler gear tell him when he had applied to much throttle. Superboy snapped a steering rod and a hood panel. XJman riped half of his rear axle off (looked pretty cool with the axle shaft sticking out) I stripped out a ring & pinion in the "Golf Cart" while mobb'n around in the parking lot. I think Ape broke too but not 100% sure. Even with all the carnage everyone still got in a good amount of crawl'n.

Had a great time today hanging out with everyone.
801RCC has to be the best crawl'n club out there.

See ya on the rox.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:04 PM   #15
RCC Addict

-6/11/08-

Nice runs today

-Drivers-
Ape, Bob, Mac10, Cory, Superboy, NazT, Lunchbox, Chewy, Wild billy, J-rad

Well the weather finally let up this afternoon so we could get some crawling in. We pretty much stuck to the usual lines, but spent a lot of time focusing on the harder obsticels. We would run an obsticle and then jump right back into line to try to clean it up a bit from the 1st run. We spent a good amount of time just hanging out and spotting each other.

Bob pinched his rig up in a nasty spot on on of the harder lines and broke a dogbone (not to often do I see a WK axle give out). Lunchbox bombed off a big down hill and snapped the stub axle off on the landing. For the record Ape did not break today.

Glad to long some good drive time B4 the comp this weekend. Thanks everyone for coming out to crawl today.

See ya on the rox.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:58 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

well mike you missed out on some awesome crawling!
something you will regret ass a married man for the rest of your life!

it was just me kinky and utflyfisher out at black rock tonight!

ran the usual lines and was able to get a feel for the black widow.
all I have to say is WOW! it impressed the $hit out of me!

I definately have to get used to the way it reacts compared to my WK tuber, but I am excited to compete with it, it was doing lines the other one wouldn't.

kinky's rig looked good with the new body with the skull camo paint scheme!
he needs to work out the chassis flex or whatever is going on there but it still looks good!

utfly was running good as well, but I think he needs to get that wheelbase stretched out a little more and it will be screaming!

we had an awesome time tonight, it was nice to get back out and crawl again!

hope to see you all next time.
Mac10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:09 PM   #17
RCC Addict

-9/24/08-

One of the best crawl days all year!!!

-Drivers-
J-rad, NazT, Tunner, Mac10, Kinky (he didn't have his own rig so he drove everyone else) Roar, Tater, DeanO, Rene, Snowman, along with Will and Dave from "Kindigit" sorry if I missed anyone.

Well I started off by breaking an axle case. Everyone keeps telling me these Axial axles are tough, can't even take a 15' fall straight to one wheel. While I fixed my rig (thanks to Tater) everyone got to crawling. we crawled around all over that b*tch hitting every line imaginable. Snowman had on his new Axial axles. His rig was lookin good and tougher than ever. Kinky and Mac10 were testing some setups on the new El Nino chassis. Lookin good guys. It was nice to see Tater and Snowman out again. Dave and Will came to see what this crawlin stuff is all about, and brought nice cold beverages. thanks guys. just as we would normally run for the cars to escape the bugs Tater pulled out this industrial strength bug spray to save the day. After we all finished spraying he then read the warning "CAUTION will eat paint" and we just sprayed that on our skin Shocked We crawled way after dark Tim was using a flashlight to see what we were crawling on. Tater just turned on his lights, still installed from "Decent"

I had a blast hanging out and crawling with everyone. it was cool to see such a good turn out. Hope to see everyone again next week.

See ya on the rox