Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: Any NEW kits in the works from Vanquish?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2022, 11:17 AM   #1

Default Any NEW kits in the works from Vanquish?

Hello all, I would like to build the VS4 10 PRO Kit. It would be my first build in about 10 years. The last one was an SCX10 I. I have been researching all the options in the 1/10 scale truck market and have decided that the VS4 10 Pro is the one for me. It seems as though the PRO kit has been out for about 2 years now and I was wandering if Vanquish has any plans to offer a newer version of it in the near future? I am aware of the Phoenix. Thanks for your input.
scottyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2022, 12:19 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Any NEW kits in the works from Vanquish?

That’s a question I’d like the answer to, but vp is pretty good about keeping releases quiet. Also, they’ve been doing kits for a relatively short amount of time, so there isn’t really a proven track record of time before new kits.

I feel like the pro is still top of the market, so I don’t see them rushing to change it up any time soon.

If anything, I would think a straight axle version of the Phoenix could be the next release.

At any rate, the pro is awesome, so you should go for it. If they release something new later, just get that also
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 02:23 PM   #3

Thanks for the response, makes good sense too! I really do like the Pro and think that is the route i'll go. Im sure there will be a lot of new models out before the wife lets me buy another one.
Old 02-14-2022, 05:05 PM   #4

Hate to say it, but god I hope not! I'm gonna go broke if the hobby keeps coming out with all of this great stuff.
I still have my ultra to build from last year.
ShapeShifter666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 06:53 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I agree with twade, get the pro n then if they come out with a new rig, snag it too lol. U could always do like i do... Me n the wife made a deal, if i buy parts, she gets somethin too. She knows when she gets a suprise package in the mail, im fixin to either get a new rig or a bunch of new parts.
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 10:40 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
If anything, I would think a straight axle version of the Phoenix could be the next release.
Highly unlikely. Someone asked Josh, during one of his live feeds, and he said, "Although I like to never say never, that one of highly unlikely. When Josh knows the answer, but can't divulge information, he usually gives somewhat of a 'wishy-washy' answer. When he gives a 'definitive' answer, it seems to usually be safe to say that the answer given is a straightforward, honest answer. When he answered the question about the possibility of a straight axle Phoenix, his answer was of the second type...but, "never say never".

Of course, people always have the option of purchasing the Phoenix, and then installing Currie F9s. That's exactly what I've been working on.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 01:35 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp View Post
Hello all, I would like to build the VS4 10 PRO Kit. It would be my first build in about 10 years. The last one was an SCX10 I. I have been researching all the options in the 1/10 scale truck market and have decided that the VS4 10 Pro is the one for me. It seems as though the PRO kit has been out for about 2 years now and I was wandering if Vanquish has any plans to offer a newer version of it in the near future? I am aware of the Phoenix. Thanks for your input.
Like TWade said, get the Pro... you won't regret it. My Pro is one of my favorite trucks EVER (and I've been through a few)
noob@this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 02:55 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

I don't care so much for a whole new truck but plastic straight axle housings would be nice. I love the look of my pro's axles but man, do they stick to rocks!
terrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 05:56 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrible View Post
I don't care so much for a whole new truck but plastic straight axle housings would be nice. I love the look of my pro's axles but man, do they stick to rocks!
To resolve that "problem", you have two options:

Option 1) You could replace the machined axles with something else, such as the SCX10.3 straight axle kit. Of course, in going that route, you lose a lot of low-down weight, raising your CoG, to which you'd have to add 'low' weight in other ways.

Option 2) You could add skids made from SS, or Delrin, to the pumpkins. This way, you keep your low CoG, while also providing the lowest point of the axles something to easily slide along/across rocks...no more "sticking". Since the only source of SS skids for the Currie F9s that I'm aware of (I'm guessing there are others, but I, personally, was only aware of one) is perpetually out of stock, I came up with an 'alternate' idea. I can't, yet, say what it is, as I'm saving that surprise for my Phoenix build thread.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 07:31 AM   #10

I ordered my vs4 10 pro kit last night and cant wait for it to arrive! Thanks to all of you guys and RcCrawler.com. This is going to be fun
Old 02-16-2022, 08:14 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Nice! Post up a build thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2022, 10:31 AM   #12
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
I ordered my vs4 10 pro kit last night and cant wait for it to arrive! Thanks to all of you guys and RcCrawler.com. This is going to be fun
Congrats!

You're gonna love it! Hope to see a build thread for it.

I myself and many others have VS4-10 build threads. If you have any questions, check them threads out and/or ask away!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 11:51 AM   #13

Thanks guys. If I have any issues this is the first place I'll look for answers.
Can't wait!
Old 02-25-2022, 08:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Congrats!

You're gonna love it! Hope to see a build thread for it.

I myself and many others have VS4-10 build threads. If you have any questions, check them threads out and/or ask away!

im really enjoying this new kit, however i do have a question? My panhard mount interferes with the steering when turning left. Is this normal or did I miss something? Thanks
Old 02-25-2022, 08:43 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
im really enjoying this new kit, however i do have a question? My panhard mount interferes with the steering when turning left. Is this normal or did I miss something? Thanks

Do you have a picture of it? Also, what servo and servo horn are you using?

Old 02-25-2022, 08:47 PM   #16

No pics at the moment. I have a savox screwed in place with a shortened axial horn.
Old 02-25-2022, 09:06 PM   #17

Pics.

Old 02-25-2022, 09:11 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Default Any NEW kits in the works from Vanquish?

Hard to tell, but almost looks like the horn is too short? 20mm is ideal length for max throw without contacting the frame rail.

Here are a couple photos of my Phoenix for reference. This is a protek 370tbl and the 20mm vp horn.

Last edited by twade984; 02-25-2022 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-25-2022, 09:19 PM   #19

Too short. I see what you are saying. A longer horn would would put the steering rod end out in front of the panhard mount. As I have it now the rod end that is attached to the servo horn is running into the Panhard mount
Old 02-25-2022, 09:26 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Too short. I see what you are saying. A longer horn would would put the steering rod end out in front of the panhard mount. As I have it now the rod end that is attached to the servo horn is running into the Panhard mount

Also not all servos are the same distance from mounting tabs to shaft, so it’s possible to run into clearance issue at the frame rail depending on what you have. You can see the marks on my rail , which I believe came from using the vp horn with the Holmes shv800.

But yes, if the horn isn’t long enough you’ll never get full steering throw.

Any NEW kits in the works from Vanquish? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to vanquish/kits, could use advice on optional gear DavidVonDoom Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 7 04-29-2021 03:02 PM