Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: vanquish axle housing (scx10.2 style) gear set compatibility?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2022, 10:07 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Question vanquish axle housing (scx10.2 style) gear set compatibility?

good day folks ... I recently scored a set of D44s for a new project ... reason I wanted to inquired all those who have experience mix and matching gear sets when building these. Here is the deal, I can get a hold of a new set of shafts lockers and regular gear sets for the SSD TK ... these are ar44 and ar45 compatible and theoretically should work, however that doesnt mean they do ... I have been searching the site only to find that the SSD OD seems to be a no go on the D44 housing ... however does anyone here have any experience using REGULAR ssd grear sets on the vp housings ... either D44's or F9's any insight will be greatly appreciated.
Speedy-Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2022, 12:36 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: vanquish axle housing (scx10.2 style) gear set compatibility?

Weird, where did you find that the SSD o/d gear set isn’t compatible with the d44’s? I’ve used SSD o/d gear sets in rockjocks, and f9’s.

Either way, you shouldn’t have a problem running any of the SSD ar44/ar45/trail king gear sets.

Axle shafts on the other hand, likely not compatible since SSD doesn’t have as much offset as a vp housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 01:34 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: vanquish axle housing (scx10.2 style) gear set compatibility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Weird, where did you find that the SSD o/d gear set isn’t compatible with the d44’s? I’ve used SSD o/d gear sets in rockjocks, and f9’s.

Either way, you shouldn’t have a problem running any of the SSD ar44/ar45/trail king gear sets.

Axle shafts on the other hand, likely not compatible since SSD doesn’t have as much offset as a vp housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saw it here VVV ... I did search around and this is what I found.

D44 Axle bind

however I could not find if the regular gear sets worked on them without an issue. hence asking the experience in building these sets. Its good to know that you have build them with success. as for the front shafts .... the D44's come with the appropriate front shafts.

Last edited by Speedy-Triple; 08-02-2022 at 01:37 PM.
Speedy-Triple is offline   Reply With Quote

vanquish axle housing (scx10.2 style) gear set compatibility? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vanquish centered axle shafts to GCM centered housing compatibility npcaldwell Axial Yeti 7 01-31-2015 12:47 PM