Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: Wats this?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2023, 07:45 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Wats this?

Hmmm....

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2023, 08:09 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Wats this?

Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 08:32 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Where’d you find that Adam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 08:33 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Zoom in on the photo, and it's really easy to see that 'Pro', and the rest of it, are two different stickers. Looks like someone took the 'Phoenix' sticker, and just carefully added a 'Pro' sticker. To whomever did it, nice try.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 08:41 PM   #5
RCC Addict

That was me panther, u werent supposed to see the overlay. Knew i shouldve trimmed it up before i posted it lol. Been workin on my vs4 4ws project. Got the body finished today. Its not the best paint job, but i like how it turned out.

Have to finish the electronics n give it a good shakedown run.

Heres more pics of it

Old 05-02-2023, 08:44 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Cool build!
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 09:06 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Thanks goro

Needed some body mounts that sat over the shock towers, if only i had a 3d printer. But since i dont, i had to do the next best thing. Got a few file slider things layin around that seemed to be the perfect fit. Vicegrips n a hacksaw took care of the hard part. Theyre aluminum, so theyre light weight. Got them drilled n used grub screws that fit the PL thumb screws. The screws for the shocks are just long enuf to go thru the body mount n the tower

Old 05-02-2023, 09:14 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
That was me panther, u werent supposed to see the overlay. Knew i shouldve trimmed it up before i posted it lol. Been workin on my vs4 4ws project. Got the body finished today. Its not the best paint job, but i like how it turned out.
Overall, I like the paint job...different AND unique. The only thing I might have done differently would have been, on the sides, to bring the red back a little more, and the blue forward a little more.

As for the 'Pro' sticker, once you know what my major was (photography l, you understand. Of course, as a Professional Chauffeur, now working as a tour bus driver, I don't exactly get to use my photography skills all that much...but, my eye as a photographer is constantly working.
That's not to say people can't get things past me...they can, and have...but, I do tend to "catch" more than I "miss".

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Old 05-03-2023, 04:30 AM   #9
RCC Addict

I like how it turned out. Almost done a puzzle design instead, but seemed a bit technical lol. Wat i saw in my head was pieces of the red scattered in the white n blue, n white pieces scattered in the blue as well. Bit out of my expertise

Old 05-03-2023, 07:58 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I like how it turned out. Almost done a puzzle design instead, but seemed a bit technical lol. Wat i saw in my head was pieces of the red scattered in the white n blue, n white pieces scattered in the blue as well. Bit out of my expertise

A Circuit machine is the perfect solution. Kinda like a printer, except that it cuts shapes. Can use them to create greeting cards with complex cutout designs, window decals (ex. for cars, or a child's bedroom window)...and (my original reasoning for getting one) stencils for painting RC bodies.

I'm in the process of making a timing sensor crossbar for Mini-Z racing, and used the Cricut to cut out words, and the Kyosho logo, on a hand-drawn b&w checked pattern. An aluminum C-channel will be sprayed with up to 4 different colors...then, once dried, the vinyl will be applied to the C-channel, to which each of the colors will be seen through the cut-out areas, with the remainder of the crossbar having the checked pattern.

Just apply the same idea for painting RC bodies. Can be used in the inside of Lexan bodies, as well as the outside of hard bodies. Can use them as 'positive' or 'negative' masks, depending on whether it's being used to assisting in light, or dark, colors. You can even use them for both (positive & negative) on the same body.

Old 05-03-2023, 08:10 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Good idea, thanks panther. Ill look into gettin one. That wouldve helped tons

Old 05-03-2023, 09:35 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Good idea, thanks panther. Ill look into gettin one. That wouldve helped tons

You're most welcome...although, I can only take some of the credit. Most of the credit goes to Matt, of SBG. It's because of him that I not only found out about the Cricut, bus also how it could be applied to RC usage.

Old 05-03-2023, 01:01 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

That 4WS rig came out great, awesome.
Steven McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 03:18 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Thanks steve! Need to finish electonics n give it a good shakedown run. Hope its as fun to drive as it was to build
Old 05-03-2023, 05:29 PM   #15
Go Buckeyes!

Sweet rig bama! Like the choice of body. Been wanting to pick one up since the Pro was first unveiled.

Can't wait to see how she does out on the rocks!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 07:24 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Thanls a ton brian! I preordered the day it went up. It comes pretrimmed with mounting holes.

As soon as it quits rainin every friggin weekend, ill get it out n get some vids up for yall. As of now, its supposed to rain fri night thru tues smh
Old 05-04-2023, 06:08 AM   #17
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Thanls a ton brian! I preordered the day it went up. It comes pretrimmed with mounting holes.

As soon as it quits rainin every friggin weekend, ill get it out n get some vids up for yall. As of now, its supposed to rain fri night thru tues smh
I hear ya on the rain! It's rained for the past week here and just about every weekend in April. Even had snow this week. WTF!!!!!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 08:06 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

As much as we need the rain (Las Vegas, and California), I'm sure I'm not the only one sick & tired of all this "wacky weather". Up at Alice's Restaurant (if you know the place, you also know the Arlo Guthrie song), the area was covered in white stuff...and, even here in Vegas, it was snowing (and, no, I don't just mean up on Mt. Charleston). And, now, they announced another storm is heading our way...just hoping it hits during next week, and not on the weekends (driving busloads of kids to the LA area both weekends).

Old 05-04-2023, 04:44 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Usually, if its a rainy winter here, its a really dry summer. N thats wat weve had. Hopefully it doesnt rain the 18-21 during ECC. Ill be rather disappointed lol. Scale nats last yr, it spit snow for about an hr, then warmed up to 70s.

Thats one thing with bama, u dont like the weather, give it a few hrs, itll change on u. My wife used to tell me, this is the only place u can get frost bite n heat stroke in the same day. Shes right, ive seen the weather change that quick in a day lol
Old 05-21-2023, 06:23 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Well, took the 4ws out at ECC. It does freakin awesome! Definantly different, tryin to drive a 4ws lol. Didnt get any pics of vids, but i did do some damage. I was on a rock about 8 ft up, she rolled over the edge n hit a tree on the way down. Thankfully all that broke was a shock tower n unplugged the rear servo.

Got lucky n had another shock mount at the house. Broke it right at the mount screw holes

Wats this? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wats your take on military school 93 FORD BRONCO Chit Chat 8 05-12-2011 08:42 PM
scaler...wats needed exactaly??? AJf Newbie General 14 07-26-2007 10:19 PM
wats up with the vid on home page?? yellowpasta2000 Chit Chat 17 06-15-2006 09:03 PM