Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: BgredPhoenix

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2023, 04:54 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: BgredPhoenix

Lookin good! It nice u were able to trim the fronts enuf to hide the inner fenders. Cant wait to see some color on this thing

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2023, 06:27 AM   #42
RCC Addict

JConcepts has upped their quality on those new bodies. Much better than some of the older styles.

I bought one of those for my SCX10 Pro but ended up not using it on that truck due to the size. Its so long it killed departure angle unless I stretched the wheelbase out a lot and I didnt want to do that. I ended up cutting about an inch out right behind the cab and mounting it temporarily on another rig.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 09:30 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
JConcepts has upped their quality on those new bodies. Much better than some of the older styles.

I bought one of those for my SCX10 Pro but ended up not using it on that truck due to the size. Its so long it killed departure angle unless I stretched the wheelbase out a lot and I didnt want to do that. I ended up cutting about an inch out right behind the cab and mounting it temporarily on another rig.
Yeah, I was more concerned about the width for my sxc10 pro, but its really oversized in every way for a comp car imo. It suits the Phoenix nicely.

I still don't see how anyone would run one without some significant trimming unless they are doing 4.19 tires. I had it sitting high at first and any flex, or any steering the 4.75 tires were instantly into the body. Mine is going to hit the front while steering tight, but the tires hit the chassis so there's nothing that can be done to avoid that other than less steering.
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 11:21 AM   #44
RCC Addict

When I shortened mine, it made the rear wheel wells not line up with my rear axle. Because of the pinch, the rear tires just barely touch the outside of the body ~1/2" from the opening but it is sitting pretty high. I'm about to drop the body down low and will probably have to hack the fenders up quite a bit. Its just a temporary beater body until comp season starts back up.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 12:30 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

I don't have the printed grill yet, but I'm working on some headlights. I didn't feel like dealing with a whole light kit so I just ordered some 6v 10mm led lights and a switch to connect to the receiver.

I painted the inside of the stock light buckets with rustoleum aluminum paint and installed the bulbs. These came with wires already attached so I just needed to attach a jst plug. They aren't super bright, but they look good and will get the job done. I've got about $17 into this project, not including the paint that I already had.

I stuck them in the stock grill so I could route the wires properly.

Paint is in process as well. I should be ready to post that later this evening or tomorrow.
Old 10-28-2023, 11:03 AM   #46
Rock Crawler

I finished the paint last night. Still waiting on the grill to finish it off. I made a last minute call to go 2 tone. I had the gunmetal paint chosen but it felt a little boring. I had some red left over from my 10 pro body and decided to add that. I think it came out really nice, and once I get the grill and some stickers on it should look great. I did the bed in black and sprayed the tiny bit of flat clear I had left on the outside of the bed.

Old 10-29-2023, 03:09 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

Whipped up some inner fenders for the rear. I had planned to run them further back, but since I left the fuel cell cross member in the frame I figured I would leave the fuel cell visible.

Old 10-30-2023, 12:47 AM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Lookin' GREAT with that two-tone!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 06:14 AM   #49
Go Buckeyes!

Good call on the 2-tone paint! Looks great!

Nice job on the inner fenders too.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 08:43 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

My friend got this grill printed up for me today. He did a couple test pieces yesterday but I apparently mathed wrong on spacing the mounting posts in my drawing. They should have been 23mm vertical separation and I ended up at 22mm in the model so it didn't fit the hinge mount. Everything else was good so I fixed that spacing and he printed the new one.

I shot some paint on it and here's the end result.

Old 11-03-2023, 05:03 AM   #51
RCC Addict

That looks good bgrd!!!! Love the 2 tone scheme too. So many options with 3d printers now days

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 08:03 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

Thanks. It's coming together for sure. I do enjoy designing and printing parts. Stuff I could only dream of back in the day is just a click and a couple hours away.

This week my new wheels arrived. I saw these treal rally style wheels and thought they'd suit the Chevy body nicely. Yesterday I went to the local hobbytown for tires and grabbed another set of vxt2s. I ordered some vp foams to try in this set so waiting for them to come.

Old 11-09-2023, 08:43 AM   #53
Pebble Pounder

The grill looks killer! Looks very old school dodge w250.
xwaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 05:53 PM   #54
Rock Crawler

The stock body got a bit chopped up today for another car, so I took the chance to snag its door handles for the k10.

Old 11-11-2023, 06:43 AM   #55
Go Buckeyes!

Looking really good! Excellent work on the grille!

Nice find on the door handles too! Looks great with them installed!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 10:06 AM   #56
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Looking really good! Excellent work on the grille!

Nice find on the door handles too! Looks great with them installed!
Thanks Brian. The final version should be even better when it comes in (in aluminum). Craftcloud3d.com is dangerous. Lol

The handles are definitely Chevy style over Toyota. They match the body perfectly

Speaking of the grill, I posted it today since I had a couple guys on fb asking about it.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6309001
Old 11-14-2023, 01:01 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

Foams are in. They installed a bit easier than the crawler innovations foams I used in the other set. The tires feel good. I'll get out to try it soon.

I also picked up a used zoku chassis that should be here in a few days so I'm excited to swap that in. Probably going to have to make new sliders for that once I get it built.

Old 11-17-2023, 05:34 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

My latest revision of the grill came in today, in aluminum. It looks great. I'm going to leave it raw. I'll probably spray it with a flat clear to keep it looking like this.

Weight is 22 grams, vs 8 grams for the plastic version.

Old 11-17-2023, 05:36 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Very cool! I really dig that body, if I build a VRD... I will definitely use that one. BTW, grill is rad too!
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 06:18 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinart24 View Post
Very cool! I really dig that body, if I build a VRD... I will definitely use that one. BTW, grill is rad too!
Thanks man. I will caution, the body is large compared to something like the Coyote. Longer and wider. I initially wanted to use this body on my scx10 pro but after picking it up for the Phoenix I was glad I went a different direction on the comp car.