RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vanquish Products (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vanquish-products/)
-   -   New idea thread? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vanquish-products/301297-new-idea-thread.html)

4RunnerKid 04-13-2012 06:45 PM

Re: New idea thread?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vp Monkey (Post 3682849)
It is posted on our facebook page atm "thumbsup"

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...10671961_n.jpg

8)

BurnLatex 04-13-2012 10:27 PM

I would like better hexes for my XR and my Wraith.

I don't like where they put the set screw. It chews up the shaft making bearing removal a chore.

A clamping style but still stepped like the stock hexes.

tom@vp 04-13-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurnLatex (Post 3683484)
I would like better hexes for my XR and my Wraith.

I don't like where they put the set screw. It chews up the shaft making bearing removal a chore.

A clamping style but still stepped like the stock hexes.

Nothing worse than getting your shaft chewed up, therfore. Yes yes and yes.

We have two major new pieces of equipment coming online and one specializes in just this type of part.

tom@vp 04-13-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamuraiTrapper (Post 3586738)
How about lockers?

Yes

tom@vp 04-13-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 (Post 3604974)
Id take some servo horns how far out are they? Also when are the brake kits gonna be out?

Getting very close we needed specialized broaching tooling to make high quality splines and it is already done now we are setting up for production.

tom@vp 04-13-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icer.One (Post 3633888)
wraith shock mounts would be nice to put on wraith vp axles as the stock ones look tacky on those beautiful vp axles

In production now

tom@vp 04-13-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbgerrish (Post 3634541)
More scale 1.9's that use the SLW hubs!! You're missing out on the huge scale market! ;)

On it very seriously.

BigSki 04-14-2012 11:55 AM

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I'll apologize in advance if this isn't the correct place.

I just received order # 9341 this morning, the steering arms look beautiful but I also had a set of SLW hubs 475 inside of the box. I didn't order or pay for those-
do you want to send a return box so I can send them back to you?

CarterFab 04-14-2012 12:35 PM

Scale hubs. 3 styles to make. All 4mm thread but need to have some sort of locking design incorporated. Not just threaded like rc4wd.

Need a scale locking hub for front.
Need a drive flange style for front. These could be licensed through one of the 1:1 manufacturers to have a cool logo etched into them.
Need a full floater style for rear.

This way we get good quality, looks, and no more big ugly wheels but in the middle of a pretty wheel.
Thanks
Clay
Carter Fab & Machine

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose

FRENCHBLUE72 04-16-2012 12:25 PM

Hey bigski when they sent me the wrong parts i had to pay to ship them back so good luck with that..

BigSki 04-18-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 (Post 3687447)
Hey bigski when they sent me the wrong parts i had to pay to ship them back so good luck with that..

I tried to do the right thing, I e-mailed them and asked in here, so the lack of response tells me that I should just keep them. One of these days I'll be able to pony up and pay the cost for a set of their beautiful wheels.

racer_zh 04-26-2012 06:53 AM

Whats about a lightweight line??

Since everybody save weight. It would be nice to have lightweight and strong upgrades.

brandonwalsh420 04-29-2012 03:02 PM

dont know if this has been said before but... a really scale drivetrain would be awesome... kinda like the one eritex was working on before we got burned by him. :sad:

Harley 04-29-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonwalsh420 (Post 3708126)
dont know if this has been said before but... a really scale drivetrain would be awesome... kinda like the one eritex was working on before we got burned by him. :sad:

X2 :evil:

im gunna crawl 04-29-2012 09:10 PM

x3 , more scale stuff, no slop spools, different gear set ratios. I NEED your scx 10 housings bad!!! Scx,ax10 front cvds (unbreakable) cost ? Lower cg wraith dig trans case. Cowl mount wraith battery tray. Wraith front flip open hood with rear hinges, with front pins.

tom@vp 04-30-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonwalsh420 (Post 3708126)

The one that makes people go out of business because they have 2000 dollars in machining and trying to sell for 500.00 one ? the only way to make that work is a big production run. I can say for certain it is not in our short term plans.. rc4wd makes one..

brandonwalsh420 05-02-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom@vp (Post 3709295)
The one that makes people go out of business because they have 2000 dollars in machining and trying to sell for 500.00 one ? the only way to make that work is a big production run. I can say for certain it is not in our short term plans.. rc4wd makes one..

yea thats the one... he probly would've done alright if he didnt take the idea back to the drawing board mid production and move his business at the same time...

even though it would take a big run to make it hit an affordable price point, i think you guys would sell ALOT of them... honestly, who wouldnt want a vanquish scale drivetrain in their rig??? yea rc4wd has one... but its not very scale looking and breaks easily...

id give ya my left nut/first born to get one if you guys made one :mrgreen: :ror:

team3six 05-02-2012 06:22 AM

Tom, Jim... Talked to Steve about this yesterday and I have to agree it would make people happy.
As I am sure you know, Eritex at one time was a good vendor. Sadly he realized to late that to produce a drivetrain like he did, the material, time, and work was higher than his asking price.
Steve told me why this project wouldn't be a good idea for Vanquish and I completely agree.

But on the other hand, if the engine/transmission was simplified to give it the outside looks but eliminate the waste of what could not be seen or used, I think you guys could develop this cost efficiently like the Wraith cases you currently make with a few bolt on features.

I am not saying these would sell like hot cakes, but I am positive the production could generate sales if there was a way to develop this affordable.

I would be interested in working with you guys and see if it's doable in a cad layout.

Other than that I appreciate all you guys do and wish more people understood the process for development on your side of the fence. Including with the price of metal nowadays

brandonwalsh420 05-02-2012 10:56 AM

agreed norm... im no machinist and no number crunchin sales guru but it would be sweet to see it happen. i like the idea of outside looks and eliminating the waste... even just a scale motor that hooked up to the new r3 trans would be sweet... and much appreciation for the vanquish parts i have and thanks for every thing you guys have done for the hobby "thumbsup".... i realize it would be huge undertaking but i would love some vanquish bling under my hood... just stirring up some ideas for products id like to see/purchase. :mrgreen:

tom@vp 05-02-2012 01:34 PM

nothing wrong with throwing ideas around, there are products in production right now due to this.