RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vanquish Products (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vanquish-products/)
-   -   New idea thread? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vanquish-products/301297-new-idea-thread.html)

stubs179 05-11-2011 05:08 PM

After looking through this thread i think the most asked for item is Berg case's. I just want to know why you guys are spending so much time making stuff for other axles. You guys need to make a set of your own axles based on a combo of what is already available. Berg style cases and gears, turned down tubes, XR10 style c's/knuckles/axle shafts. You would have a super stout set of axles that would work better than anything available. The only thing that would be hard is keeping them in stock.

So instead of trying to polish other companies turds you guys should up the bar with your own set of axles"thumbsup"

ittybitty 05-11-2011 06:22 PM

Yeah but polishing turds keeps them in business!

It also makes it more accessible to the consumer that doesnt necessarily want to start from scratch. Im game for some all out VP axles though!

fa1rch1ld 05-11-2011 07:33 PM

The clover tubes are pretty OG, not saying theres no room for improvement. But VP berg
cases would be a great place to start. It could be a quick swap for stock or aftermarket tubes
The current berg cases are kinda a joke.

But XR10 axles are pretty much VP axles at this point "thumbsup"

VP has many ideas and there shop is insanely busy with the work they got. But
after the XR is completely knocked out with everything aftermarket, ya never
know what they will do next ;-) But a completely re designed VP MOA axle
would be nothing short of amazing, I would plate mine in Gold and wear it as a
OG chain.

neoakaj 05-11-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2JSC (Post 3086660)

This would rock

Stick King 05-13-2011 10:37 AM

I haven't read the past 4 pages to see if this was mentioned yet but maybe you could whip up a VP version of the axial cut brake system that they are hopefully working on. That would be pretty awesome!

khwilliams 05-13-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubs179 (Post 3088584)
After looking through this thread i think the most asked for item is Berg case's. I just want to know why you guys are spending so much time making stuff for other axles. You guys need to make a set of your own axles based on a combo of what is already available. Berg style cases and gears, turned down tubes, XR10 style c's/knuckles/axle shafts. You would have a super stout set of axles that would work better than anything available. The only thing that would be hard is keeping them in stock.

So instead of trying to polish other companies turds you guys should up the bar with your own set of axles"thumbsup"

x2 on this idea.........hint hint:)

andreweh 05-15-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khwilliams (Post 3091240)
x2 on this idea.........hint hint:)

x3.

GoWest 05-15-2011 06:47 PM

How about brass weights that would fit on to the rear lockouts? Or brass lockouts with add on weights? Then the front and rear could be tuned without wheel weights. It would work for the AX and XR10's just maybe in smaller increments.

Just a thought.

fa1rch1ld 05-16-2011 03:47 PM

It would be ruff to redesign the berg case that would be universal for everyone.
So many people rock different steering setups....You wouldn't be able to move
the motor any closer to the axle like the XR because it would take away the
86jeep style steering away...

roksloski 05-16-2011 07:42 PM

How about

A better quality berg knuckle
one that the bearing fits snug..... instead of it just dropping in
even the Axial knuckles that are made overseas have a better fit......

and some that the C mounting hole does'nt get sloppy after a month or two......

fa1rch1ld 05-16-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roksloski (Post 3096332)
How about

A better quality berg knuckle
one that the bearing fits snug..... instead of it just dropping in
even the Axial knuckles that are made overseas have a better fit......

and some that the C mounting hole does'nt get sloppy after a month or two......

VP's new 8* C's/Knuckles are the new better quality setup for Berg, you can
mod your current Berg tubes or buy a set of Clover tubes.

LuckyDevil 05-17-2011 11:56 AM

I'd like more 1.9 wheel designs with your hubs. With more bigger 1.9 tires out, more width options would be nice. I love the slw's just not sure how they'd look on my rig and I can't decide which tires then would look right.

dickwart 05-17-2011 08:54 PM

VP 2.2 Axles! "thumbsup"

losimadman 05-21-2011 01:20 PM

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...usty/skull.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...ack_chrome.jpg

2JSC 05-21-2011 02:58 PM

This... but better.

http://www.hobbyetc.com/jpeg/s/scp38x01_b1224279157.jpg

irok22s 05-27-2011 09:05 PM

Vp front servo mount... With the front link mount out now and its sweet servo tab. The long awaited release of the axle top approaching. You guys need to step up and make a servo mount tab for the knuckle side of the servo. That would be sweet.

My front axle looks so nice. But a aluminum servo tab for the other side would make it way better"thumbsup"
http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/x...00b6c5d8-1.jpg

fa1rch1ld 05-27-2011 10:23 PM

How would that make it better? Pluss just to add that circle tab would add so
much more time to the machining process. Just use the axial spacer that
comes with your XR10 kit.

irok22s 05-28-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fa1rch1ld (Post 3114600)
How would that make it better? Pluss just to add that circle tab would add so
much more time to the machining process. Just use the axial spacer that
comes with your XR10 kit.

Im just asking for a servo tab that looks like the stock one. It would be nice to have aluminum to attach the servo to on both sides... Really I just want the vp bling ok.:mrgreen:

scottb83 06-01-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoakaj (Post 3088976)
This would rock

X3. Doesnt need the skull but if not specified already, make these for Wraith axles. Something like the ARB cover.

Just noticed the pic from the comment I quoted didnt show up. I was refering to the diff cover a few posts above.

MTHead 06-10-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2JSC (Post 3103453)

See, now your getting it. :mrgreen:

Just a little rework to the XR10 gearcase and you can make it bolt up to a SCX10 skid. Throw in a full length shaft and wala, new scaler trans. "thumbsup"

The icing on the cake would be since your already about to embark on making XR10 gears, change up the gear ratio to match that of the AX10 trans since those are the most widely used combos, or even faster for the TTC guys.