Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Blue Monkey RC Stage 1 Ti Link Upgrade for Ascender

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2015, 11:22 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Blue Monkey RC Stage 1 Ti Link Upgrade for Ascender

These look nice, anybody try them yet? Blue Monkey RC Stage 1 Ti Link Upgrade for Ascender:
Stage 1 Ti Link Upgrade for Ascender, Blue Monkey RC

These too, but I really like the stock steering setup so far. Ti Steering Links for Ascender:
http://www.bluemonkeyrc.com/catalog/...roducts_id=398

Seems like might have been better to cut the ti rods to length to use Revo rod ends all around, is there a reason that they drill out stock rod ends and re-use them instead?

Last edited by Natedog; 07-01-2015 at 11:30 AM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2015, 12:13 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Blue Monkey RC Stage 1 Ti Link Upgrade for Ascender

I thought about it, but I'm waiting for the GCM truss, and rear link relocation tabs first, I might need to ask for custom rear upper link rods to maintain the new rear axle angle that they offer.

When I first seen them I also noticed that they reuse the stock rod ends, and I thought it was so that you could save a few bucks by modding them yourself.

What would be nice is to find someone making them with 7mm titanium rods, and revo rod ends, it would make for stronger rods, and smoother, so they slide over jagged rocks.....not that I've noticed the stock rods getting snagged.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 03:43 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Cool, did you get the GCM truss yet? It's a nice looking piece. VP originally made all their links in 0.275591" (7mm) and they were overly heavy and reduced ground clearance so they went to their current rod size 3/16" (4.7625mm same as BlueMonkey) which I really like, the seemingly little grouind clearance really makes a difference and are still strong enough.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:56 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I have em.
Both.
The gcm 4 link adapter helps the angles alot better and when u combine it with the Blue Monkey Ti kit!!!!!! Much better!!!!
The Ti kit will change the upper link lengths, it really helps with the pinion angle. The kit comes marked for what rod if for what link, so its easy to do.
With everything on mine I have no need for a sway bar for TT now. Alot of guys here are trying alot of stuff for the TT and I have no issues, lol!
I got the full kit with steering and axle links, I recommend it!
Combined with the GCM truss, u should see alot of increased performance!
JOETRUCKER80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:43 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Cool, did you get the GCM truss yet? It's a nice looking piece. VP originally made all their links in 0.275591" (7mm) and they were overly heavy and reduced ground clearance so they went to their current rod size 3/16" (4.7625mm same as BlueMonkey) which I really like, the seemingly little grouind clearance really makes a difference and are still strong enough.
Yup, I had a small parts order show up yesterday:

GCM 1.9" 12 spoke wheels, and rear truss.
RC Addict inner fenders, rear light buckets, and RLRTs
SSD rock siders, I should've ordered the chrome bumpers too.

Yes the RLRTs, and the GCM rear truss work together (you still have to remove 12mm spacers from your upper links).

As soon as I get a radio with 4 Channels I'll be able to utilize all the functions of my HeyOk light controller (The Lighting Controller), but for now I'm using the HeyOk forward/brake/reverse lighting contoller.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:49 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOETRUCKER80 View Post
I have em.
Both.
The gcm 4 link adapter helps the angles alot better and when u combine it with the Blue Monkey Ti kit!!!!!! Much better!!!!
The Ti kit will change the upper link lengths, it really helps with the pinion angle. The kit comes marked for what rod if for what link, so its easy to do.
With everything on mine I have no need for a sway bar for TT now. Alot of guys here are trying alot of stuff for the TT and I have no issues, lol!
I got the full kit with steering and axle links, I recommend it!
Combined with the GCM truss, u should see alot of increased performance!
Thanks for update, good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 View Post
Yup, I had a small parts order show up yesterday:

GCM 1.9" 12 spoke wheels, and rear truss.
RC Addict inner fenders, rear light buckets, and RLRTs
SSD rock siders, I should've ordered the chrome bumpers too.

Yes the RLRTs, and the GCM rear truss work together (you still have to remove 12mm spacers from your upper links).

As soon as I get a radio with 4 Channels I'll be able to utilize all the functions of my HeyOk light controller (The Lighting Controller), but for now I'm using the HeyOk forward/brake/reverse lighting contoller.
Nice package...can I say that? Update your thread when they're in and some pics.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:28 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Nice package...can I say that? Update your thread when they're in and some pics.

Um, no, I asked for you she said "nope", I'm paraphrasing slightly., you don't wanna know bud

I had been thinking of going full leaf, so I called the boys at GCM, and asked one of them if the 4ten 4x4 leaf combo kit can be used with the ascender combo kit. He asked me to call back on Tuesday, they were "Goin' to a show", and for the next hour I couldn't stop humming its a long way to the top (if you wanna rock 'n' roll).

The guy I talked to (I'm really bad with names) thinks that they could be used together, and I've got my fingers crossed for some positive news.

I don't have a thread for my ascender
Old 07-09-2015, 01:26 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 View Post
Um, no, I asked for you she said "nope", I'm paraphrasing slightly., you don't wanna know bud

I had been thinking of going full leaf, so I called the boys at GCM, and asked one of them if the 4ten 4x4 leaf combo kit can be used with the ascender combo kit. He asked me to call back on Tuesday, they were "Goin' to a show", and for the next hour I couldn't stop humming its a long way to the top (if you wanna rock 'n' roll).

The guy I talked to (I'm really bad with names) thinks that they could be used together, and I've got my fingers crossed for some positive news.

I don't have a thread for my ascender
Sweet!

Great AC/DC song!

Interesting to hear about GCM leaf.

Start a thread here, post some pics and tell us about your setup.