Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Proline TSL SX XL fitment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2016, 09:57 PM   #1

Default Proline TSL SX XL fitment

Just wondering how much extra trimming is needed to fit the Proline TSL xl tires with the Blazer body. I like the idea of a bit bigger tire, but I don't want to trim much as I want the body to look as uncut as possible. I won't buy them if I have to trim too much. Does anyone have any pics they can share of their xl's bolted up? Thanks!
Big_Trux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2016, 01:52 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Proline TSL SX XL fitment

I'm going to bet it'll need a lot of cutting. I e run with guys with the xl's, not on blazers but they are HUGE compared to the stock tsl's. Unless you are willing to raise the body way up you're going to be trimming a lot. I had to trim quite a bit just to stop body rub with my stock RTR blazer and that was BEFORE I dropped the body two holes to make it look a little more scale. No pictures but just my 2 cents.
Ben
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:36 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

If you want to go with a taller tire, something tall and skinny is the way to go for no body chopping. I ran the Axial Treps on my Ascender when it still had the Blazer body and they only rubbed slightly at extreme angles. Pitbull Mad Beasts or Axial Wildpeaks are other options for tall, narrow tires.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:10 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itali83 View Post
I'm going to bet it'll need a lot of cutting. I e run with guys with the xl's, not on blazers but they are HUGE compared to the stock tsl's. Unless you are willing to raise the body way up you're going to be trimming a lot. I had to trim quite a bit just to stop body rub with my stock RTR blazer and that was BEFORE I dropped the body two holes to make it look a little more scale. No pictures but just my 2 cents.
Ben
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
If you want to go with a taller tire, something tall and skinny is the way to go for no body chopping. I ran the Axial Treps on my Ascender when it still had the Blazer body and they only rubbed slightly at extreme angles. Pitbull Mad Beasts or Axial Wildpeaks are other options for tall, narrow tires.
Yes, but Trepadors are about same height as stock Vaterra TSLs.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:32 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies! Looks like I may stick with the stockers...
Big_Trux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:47 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I just put 2.2 tsl sx XL's on my sons truck it does require trimming but it's worth it and looks cool to us. Looks like an old blazer some has cut up and put huge tires on. Im going to post pics on my build threads tomorrow of the tires and trimming.
Minirider82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Proline TSL SX XL fitment - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Proline fitment on rc4wd ring Bogncrawl Tires and Wheels 4 12-17-2013 07:48 AM
Proline tsl/wheels fitment list railripper Tires and Wheels 29 09-25-2013 04:34 PM
Proline cherokee body fitment issues on trail honcho XJrob Axial SCX-10 9 12-31-2012 01:53 PM