Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Dual Motor Plate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2017, 07:25 PM   #1

Default Dual Motor Plate

Hey guys, I've got the K-10 truck. Planning on doing some drivetrain upgrades. My question is: Are they any manufacturers that produce a dual motor plate to run dual brushed motors on my K-10. Looking for more pulling/torque power. I wanna run dual 35T brushed motors. Anyone with any info would be helpful.
B-RadRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2017, 09:03 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Dual Motor Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-RadRC View Post
Hey guys, I've got the K-10 truck. Planning on doing some drivetrain upgrades. My question is: Are they any manufacturers that produce a dual motor plate to run dual brushed motors on my K-10. Looking for more pulling/torque power. I wanna run dual 35T brushed motors. Anyone with any info would be helpful.
I haven't heard of a single person doing that. IMO all you would be doing was adding the weight of the second motor. With a Holmes Puller Motor and the right gearing you can achieve more torque and power than you could ever use.
Just my 2 cents. http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/
Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 05-20-2017 at 09:06 PM.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 06:19 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I have has several of the local Ascender guys ask me to do just this. Dual motors are a popular thing with some of the folks in my closest crawler group. It has been a bad winter and spring for me medically speaking (two surgeries so far and at least one more coming) so, I have not completed the project yet, but I have managed to get a template made up and the prototype is almost complete. I can't stand in front of the mill for more than a few mins right now, so it's slow going.

Hobbezco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:18 PM   #4

This looks like the beginning of a good piece. Sorry that you are going through a rough time with your health. I home you get through the other surgery ok. Hope ya can get back to the milling machine soon.
B-RadRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:05 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I'm really wondering if dual brushless motors are that much better than a good brushless system on 3s? Especially considering the weight gain and power draw. I keep reverting back to my 10 1/2 pound mega-truck that's running a old Novak crusher and a 13T ballistic and how much of a hand full that thing is to control at times. Somebody educate me here...
Jeepiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:56 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepiac View Post
I'm really wondering if dual brushless motors are that much better than a good brushless system on 3s? Especially considering the weight gain and power draw. I keep reverting back to my 10 1/2 pound mega-truck that's running a old Novak crusher and a 13T ballistic and how much of a hand full that thing is to control at times. Somebody educate me here...
I have never run dual motors in anything, but they are all the rage with some of the local guys. Especially the guys still running gen1 SCX10s. It's a money thing. They figure $20 for a motor plate, a $40 esc and $12 for a second throwaway motor is better than $200+ for a motor/esc combo that would give equivalent power. We also have a scale pulling group here where custom builds are not allowed and trucks must be built from a crawler, so that might have a lot to do with it too. A lot of the top pullers are running deadbolts with dual brushed.

The Ascender is slowly taking over in most of the local crawling groups that I run with and I get asked frequently about dual motor plates. The only rigs I see more of than Ascenders these days are Bombers. At least 1/3 of the rigs at trail runs are Bombers now.
Hobbezco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:59 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

The money thing makes complete sense. Never even thought about that aspect of it. I should of seen that from the beginning considering I'm a bit of a tight ass lol.
Jeepiac is offline   Reply With Quote

Dual Motor Plate - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dual motor 55T with Dual esc ae-5 mad crazy torque Shan Newton Axial SCX-10 24 05-09-2017 09:44 AM
FALSE! Double motor plate from the revo does not work on summit for dual 775 set-u Mdlopez1 Traxxas Crawlers 0 08-18-2013 08:43 PM
Airtronics M11 Settings for Dual Motor Dual Servo Crawlers John Hallman Electronics 7 10-07-2010 11:34 PM