Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Options for fitting Pro-line 1.9 Boggers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2017, 10:48 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Options for fitting Pro-line 1.9 Boggers

So I picked up a set of Pro-line 1.9 Boggers the other day, in anticipation of the winter months bringing quite a lot of mud to my crawling site. I figured I'd make my Ascender the Muddin' rig, and keep the TRX-4 setup for trailing/crawling.

They are of course huge tires (as per their full scale name sake), and at stock ride height and width, the wheels rub the fender. So I'm wondering for this application is it better to go "up", and raise ride height via suspension (I'm using the Vaterra upgraded AU shocks) height, or go "out" and use some sort of wheel extension (open to input hardware to use for that).

Thoughts?
AggressorBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2017, 12:14 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Options for fitting Pro-line 1.9 Boggers

I have those tires mounted on my SCX10-II with a Proline body and i had to cut a good portion of the fenders to make room for those tires

SCX10 II Official Picture Thread - No talking!
Pabust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:27 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

So what body are you using? Can you post a picture of the clearance you're working with?

Just a quick reaction is that going wide will be tough because of steering, I just dont think you could find parts to make it wide enough to clear while steering. Of the 2 options lifting is likely the only do-able one.

What about a different body that has much more clearance for wheels, just a thought.

I guess at the end of the day these are just massive 2.2 (5.4" IIRC) size tires and fitting anything that size will be a challenge.

I picked up a set of these for my Ascender without reading the first few words of the product description which starts something like "these massive tires bla bla bla 5.4 inch tall", oops, so they ended up on my Wraith instead.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 10-03-2017 at 05:32 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:53 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Mine is a Proline body (#3415-00) and i had to cut a lot to make tire clearance, i have a Spektrum S6280 so turning is not much of an issue
Pabust is offline   Reply With Quote

Options for fitting Pro-line 1.9 Boggers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial G6 body options - Pro-Line Jeep Comanche by rckjeep Paint and Body 9 12-01-2015 11:05 PM
Pro-Line F250 Half Cab bumper options? JDeezie82 Axial SCX-10 4 12-13-2013 05:27 PM
Hey Pro-Line! Please Make Boggers! GiJoe Tires and Wheels 5 10-30-2011 09:42 AM