Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Pitbull Tire Sale!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2018, 06:17 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Pitbull Tire Sale!

So once again I've stumbled on to a sale I can't pass up sharing with my fellow Ascenderholics. Pitbull Tires was running a sale over the weekend that ends today (Jan. 15, 201. With code PRESIDENT50 you can get 50% off tires. I just picked up 3 sets for less than $140 shipped. Hopefully a few of you guys can get new shoes for your rigs on the cheap.

SKOL VIKINGS!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Ascender'nMN84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2018, 08:26 AM   #2

Default Re: Pitbull Tire Sale!

Just thought I would throw this out here: on 12/17 during their last 50% off sale (the JINGLE50 promo), I bought 2 sets of tires from them that, as of this writing, have not even shipped yet. After hearing nothing from them for the full week leading up to Christmas after the initial order confirmation email, I emailed them on 12/22 to ask about the status. They replied on 12/26 saying that there was an "overwhelming response" to their most recent sale and they have ordered tires via "air freight" and were expected to receive them by 1/10. I am not here trying to badmouth them, but just don't be surprised if your tires don't ship anytime soon, and if you want communication from them on your order you will probably have to contact them directly.
jrayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:47 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrayers View Post
Just thought I would throw this out here: on 12/17 during their last 50% off sale (the JINGLE50 promo), I bought 2 sets of tires from them that, as of this writing, have not even shipped yet. After hearing nothing from them for the full week leading up to Christmas after the initial order confirmation email, I emailed them on 12/22 to ask about the status. They replied on 12/26 saying that there was an "overwhelming response" to their most recent sale and they have ordered tires via "air freight" and were expected to receive them by 1/10. I am not here trying to badmouth them, but just don't be surprised if your tires don't ship anytime soon, and if you want communication from them on your order you will probably have to contact them directly.
Thanks for the heads up. Luckily I'm in no rush as we just got blanketed with snow again yesterday. Still have a lot of winter left here in Minnesota but again that's great information to know! Thank you!

Old 01-15-2018, 09:10 AM   #4

I'm still awaiting delivery of my 1.9 Rock Beast XL from the last sale a month or two ago...
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:14 AM   #5
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

I ordered a set on last months sale and again last night, I received my first order promptly. However it does say right on the tire order area, "subject to availability", so that would hopefully explain the delay. I hope my new order is in stock, but if not, I'll have to wait.
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:34 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

My shipment was delayed too. I emailed them. They shipped I got them on Saturday.

They are not a big business and frankly at 50% off I’dwait as long as it takes. Don’t be afraid to email them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:38 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Yep I ordered 1.55 rock beasts and they are stuck in a port in California, they were expected last week but she said its closer to the end on the month now

aztitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:48 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna4engr View Post
They are not a big business and frankly at 50% off I’dwait as long as it takes. Don’t be afraid to email them.

That's what I was thinking. Half off, I can wait even if there are some delays.

But i did read on the Book of Faces that PB did receive their large order to cover the December sales. Take it with a grain of salt....

Last edited by calcagno45; 01-15-2018 at 12:51 PM.
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
That's what I was thinking. Half off, I can wait even if there are some delays.

But i did read on the Book of Faces that PB did receive their large order to cover the December sales. Take it with a grain of salt....
I don't mind waiting a reasonable time as well. Reasonable is arbitrary, but to me delivery one month after my order was placed is reasonable.

Do you remember when you read that on FB?
Old 01-15-2018, 02:04 PM   #10
RCC Addict

It was this weekend when this new sale went up. Many were on there complaining of never receiving their December orders and someone replied with it.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:25 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I don't mind waiting a reasonable time as well. Reasonable is arbitrary, but to me delivery one month after my order was placed is reasonable.

Do you remember when you read that on FB?
I'm the same way. None of my rigs "need" tires right now so if it's a month, so be it. Plus it gives my time to figure out what new wheels I'm gonna wrap em around anyway. Again, just too good to pass on.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:11 PM   #12

I emailed them asking for an update. Here's their response:

"Update on Back ordered items:

Due to unforeseen shipping time, our backordered items are still being held at a port in California. We have had these items on order for quite a while and originally expected them in the last week of December. We are trying to get the shipment in here as soon as possible, but at this point the time frame is beyond our control. We sincerely want to thank you for your patience, as we know you have been waiting for your items. Be assured, we will be in contact with you as soon as the items arrive at our warehouse.

Sincerely,

Pit Bull Customer Service Team"

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2018, 03:17 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Anyone have connections at the US Customs?
Old 01-15-2018, 06:17 PM   #14
I joined the Band!

Quote:
I emailed them asking for an update. Here's their response:

"Update on Back ordered items:

Due to unforeseen shipping time, our backordered items are still being held at a port in California. We have had these items on order for quite a while and originally expected them in the last week of December. We are trying to get the shipment in here as soon as possible, but at this point the time frame is beyond our control. We sincerely want to thank you for your patience, as we know you have been waiting for your items. Be assured, we will be in contact with you as soon as the items arrive at our warehouse.

Sincerely,

Pit Bull Customer Service Team"

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Held at a port?!?!? Does this mean that these MAGA pro-Trump tires are made outside the USA?!?

I’m speechless....

spaceman5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:18 PM   #15
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
Anyone have connections at the US Customs?

Maybe, but Pro-line tires are made in USA....just sayin...

Old 01-15-2018, 06:34 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman5280 View Post
Held at a port?!?!? Does this mean that these MAGA pro-Trump tires are made outside the USA?!?

I’m speechless....

I was thinking that same thing. I missed their Dec. sale and just happened upon the post someone shared it on one of the book face groups I'm a part of.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:54 PM   #17

Quote:

I’m speechless....
That's freaking hilarious. How are they in the clique with imported products?
Old 01-15-2018, 07:58 PM   #18
I joined the Band!

Quote:
That's freaking hilarious. How are they in the clique with imported products?

I buy plenty of imported stuff, but with all the rhetoric from pitbull I assumed USA made. I feel even better about my boycott now

Old 01-15-2018, 08:04 PM   #19

Quote:
I buy plenty of imported stuff, but with all the rhetoric from pitbull I assumed USA made. I feel even better about my boycott now
I freely buy imported products as well.

Pitbull admitted in the past that their products were imported to save costs or some BS like that. But they won't explain why their imported tires are still the most expensive ones out there. They are saving costs, but surely not passing them onto the consumer. Like you said, ProLine does it just as good (I'd argue that their tires are better), produces their tires in the US, and they are still much cheaper.

I only buy Pitbulls during 25% and 50% off sales ever since they went batshit crazy with their prices.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:12 PM   #20
I joined the Band!

Quote:
I freely buy imported products as well.

Pitbull admitted in the past that their products were imported to save costs or some BS like that. But they won't explain why their imported tires are still the most expensive ones out there. They are saving costs, but surely not passing them onto the consumer. Like you said, ProLine does it just as good (I'd argue that their tires are better), produces their tires in the US, and they are still much cheaper.

I only buy Pitbulls during 25% and 50% off sales ever since they went batshit crazy with their prices.

I have a set of TSL SX XL and a set of BFG Krawlers and I love them.

Pitbull Tire Sale! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which pitbull tire should I get? sdmf Tires and Wheels 17 07-19-2015 12:14 AM