Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: My Twin Hammers Review with Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #1

Default My Twin Hammers Review with Videos

Review

Well I have ran about 15 packs through my twin hammers so I thought I would post a quick review of what I thought. I have left it completely stock, and it has been running well. I usually dont buy rtr's, so i decided i would just run it. I set the epa's but other then that i havent done a thing to it.

The first few minutes of driving I was actually a little disappointed. I was trying some normal crawler sections and it wasn't working too well with the front diff. But then I realized its not a normal crawler and started hitting the rocks a little differently. That's when it started to get fun. I found it likes a different driving style to tackle most obstacles. It's more about momentum, good lines, and timing the throttle to keep the front end down and get traction.

Driven the right way it can make some pretty awesome lines, stuff my other crawlers wouldnt have the power for. The choice between 1st and 2nd gear is pretty neat, and 2nd can be used for some awesome climbs and jumps. The suspension seems to soak up landings well but it is a bit soft for twisty crawling.

The stock Esc set up is a bit annoying at times. Mine seems to go from forward to reverse too quick, and reverse to forward too slow. I havent tried any different settings though, so it may be able to be fixed. The stock steering servo is a bit slow and weak, I will be upgrading that for sure. The stock battery doesn't provide great runtimes, but batteries that size are cheap, and swapping them is very quick. I also already have a bunch for my mini 8, so I don't mind bringing a few batteries for a longer run.

I think the front diff locker would make it a much more capable crawler, but for now I am having a blast railing turns and jumping rocks. I think a scaled down endurocross track would be really fun for this. But for now it reminds me of a trials bike, which I happen to ride quite a bit. Here are a couple videos:

1st gear: Vaterra Twin Hammers RC Car Test - YouTube

2nd gear: Vaterra Twin Hammers RC Test - 2nd Gear - YouTube

Last edited by Patric; 02-23-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Patric is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: My Twin Hammers Review with Videos

nice videos!! I like seeing it hit one rock to jump up onto a bigger rock.
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: My Twin Hammers Review with Videos

Great place to drive and ride you have there. Thanks for the review and vids..
step child is offline   Reply With Quote

My Twin Hammers Review with Videos - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
twin hammers zim35 Scale Comp Rules 264 05-19-2013 09:54 PM
Twin Hammers Rock Concepts Videos! 4 01-31-2013 02:50 PM