Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Mjollnir !! - Thors Hammer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Mjollnir !! - Thors Hammer

sounds cool, doesnt it!!
my name is not Thor btw ;)

the Norse symbol.

Mjollnir, in Norse Lore, is Thor's (the God of Thunder) Hammer. It always hit its target and always came back, never broken. It symbolizes Lightening. Mjollnir, as a word, means Crusher.

Wishful thinking on a Twin hammer, but thought id give it a name and this one fits for me.

All you get right now is poser shots. Could not leave well enough alone!
Its undergoing a full electronics swap:

Futaba 4pl

Waterproofed Futaba R2104 receiver

Hitec WP Mini shift Servo HS-5086WP 50oz torque

with the Vaterra tranny shift linkage kit to hook it up (24spline) Transmission Shift Linkage Set: Twin Hammers (VTR232007): Vaterra

HiTec Steer Servo HS-5955TG 333oz/0.15sec plasti-dip sealed

CC 10AMP BEC at 6V

Tekin Pro4 3300kv waterproofed by Holmes Hobbies

CC Mamba MaxPro also waterproofed by Holmes

Rob. Racing 18T hardened 5mm Pinion

Losi 51T 32P Kevlar Spur

Carterfab Ultra4 roof V1

Spare mount lowered for better looks and more forward, lower weight

G-made XD shocks- so far
Front- 93mm 25wt. oil 3-hole damper
Rear- 103mm 25wt. oil 3-hole damper

Rear Blue monkey stage 2 suspension upgrade, Links 1 inch longer 2 shock.. $70

RC4wd punisher ii shaft 150-192 mm fits the TH with longer arms.. 5mm bore. This did require a mild amount of dremel work to extend the flattened portion of trans. output shaft to accept the set screw. Easy.

Have Trenton of MG200 building me a front upright shock tower with removable crossbrace to allow me to flip the hood up giving access to battery up front. Trentons shots of finished product tested and enroute. Cant wait to get that bolted up and test out upright shocks and battery upfront.

MG200Designs

HR 12 Alum. Hubs with lockscrew

500K front diff. fluid

**** 4mm turnbuckle upgrade. way beefier and easy install

Pitbulls mounted on Mayhems coming soon, and maybe some better color.

Running on 4200mah 2s Turnigy packs. 3s is in the future once i determine what size will fit up front.
I'm sure as i Hammer down on this thing i will have many improvements to make. I forsee steering issues already and am thinking about that soln.

This is actually supposed to be my daughters rig, so she doesnt bash on my Wraith and new Exo so much, but i seem to be a bit addicted to it. Very Fun.
Shes 8.
Flame Away!!!

I'll update as i make progress and beat it up!
zidaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Talking Re: Mjollnir !! - Thors Hammer

I love the name. Why didn't I think of that Lol. The truck looks great. Where did you get the roof? Or is it fabed? Btw your not gonna get flaming from me.
riskyjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:30 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

How do you like those gmade front shock?
Is the enough room to run a second pair with out the resi?
robvbro81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Mjollnir !! - Thors Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskyjedi View Post
I love the name. Why didn't I think of that Lol. The truck looks great. Where did you get the roof? Or is it fabed? Btw your not gonna get flaming from me.
roof is a Carterfab KOH roof. hes a vendor here or can get at RPP and other shops online. Its made to fit an EXO rear light bar under it. that will come later when its running tits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robvbro81 View Post
How do you like those gmade front shock?
Is the enough room to run a second pair with out the resi?
theres room in the rear to run a second, think thats what your asking. Same OS dia as Powerstrokes. 19mm.
Ive run them on my wraith, they are great and dont leak, smooth. 17mm bodies, so the spring kits from the powerstroke slash shocks work too, or you can just order the Gmade sets from korea- ive done this with no issue in the past.
I think they will be great on the TH, it will take some time to dial them in, but they are infinitely adjustable. Like the Powerstrokes, and very comparable.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for all the details about your build. Very nice!
LGrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

These showed up in the mail! Im excited. LOVE Pitbull and run them on my 4runner in a bit larger 37" version

PitBull RockBeast 1.9 v2 tires
:: PIT BULL TIRES :: ROCK BEAST® R/C 1.9 Scale Tires
4.45OD
2.5oz/tire
Crawler Innovation Lil’Nova 4.5 dualstage foam firm closed cell inner- durable, waterproof but temp sensitive/soft conventional outer-not water proof, but not temp sensitive. designed to support 6-8lb. rigs
Lil' Nova 1.9 Dual Stage 4.50T Foam Pair (2) - Im thinking these should hold up great in a little basher like the Twin Hammer!

Mayhem Engineering!! SOLID beadlock that looks amazing and wont let you down

5 Billet Alum. 1.9 TrailReady MF Wheels Home Page
5 wheel hubs 0.450, 8 beadlock rings (4 inner Traditionals/4 outer TrailReadySlim) & 128 SS button nose allen Hardware. (natural aluminum wheel and rings).
-Good looking beadlocks, reputable company, lifetime replacement warranty, outstanding customer service (Dan)

guess i better get busy wrenching on all 140 or so bolts. Damn, gonna be more work than mounting up my 32bolt Racelines!!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

With the new PitBull wheelset, have no intention of getting rid of the OEM Raceclaws, just thought i could have a set more inclined to use as crawlers (softer) and a set a little firmer for all around fun.

That said, i wanted a little more "meat" under the rig to plant it a bit, and wanted to reinforce the outer wall of the OEM wheels (and GREATLY improve the looks).
Added LockedUpRC ORB 1.9 Beadlock Rings to the OEM wheels with his scaler hardware to go along with it. MUCH better, a minute amount of added weight to each wheel with tons of beef. Now i like these wheels

Old 06-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

MG200 front shock tower has arrived. allows removal of crossbrace with 2screws to lift hood (coming soon :0 ). I think it looks INSANE! Has great clearance and full ROM with 93mm g-mades.

Now i just need to get my Trans built for the Pro4 and electronics in so i can get to playing with the TH!! Out of service for a bit too long and my daughter is starting to get pissed ;)
Old 06-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Did you make an actual measurment if wheel travel after installing shock mounts and shocks? If so, what was it?
photon_trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

still running the oem dogbones in front. these would be the limiting factor in increasing travel.
So, for mine, i did not measure. But travel is at maximum avail. up/down travel without having dogbones drop out.
Hope that helped answer your question
Old 06-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

pulled the trans. gears out. Replacing with HR metal gears and a little Redline sticky!
All came apart purdy easy and reassembled with out any problems. feels tight and shifts smooth, havent run it yet so not sure on noise increase. Waiting for my Pro4 to come back from HolmesHobbies for a little waterproof Tx.

To replace the Motor mount cover back plate, have to pull whole trans apart for access to inner allen head bolt- as seen on right between the open bearings.

Mmmmm, metal

32P goodness, hope the Kevlar holds

Old 04-01-2014, 09:19 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

thought id throw out a little update to Mjollnir

threw on some mad skins! Looks cool and seems durable enough. almost impossible to lay down without leaving some small wrinkles- not cool when your anal!

also upgraded my steering to the Derwood Designs Double D !!!!!!!!!
It flat out helps huge and is a very clean setup. turns tight and fast with no play powered by the Hitec th7950
fit it under the MG200 front shock tower

tower looks loppy in the pic? its not.

2-speed trans and all other parts seem to be holding to 3s/pro4 use. So far ;) I am easy on this rig though. Its used mostly by my 9yo daughter and she's not allowed to use the high gear. It still hauls ass in the low gear though.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:23 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Where did you get the mounts for the front light bar? I have a Vanquish 4 inch unit but I have small links that do not mach up to the cage like yours. With my set up, I will have to drill through the roof panel which I would prefer not to do...
MeanTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:10 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTT View Post
Where did you get the mounts for the front light bar? I have a Vanquish 4 inch unit but I have small links that do not mach up to the cage like yours. With my set up, I will have to drill through the roof panel which I would prefer not to do...
It looks like he is using the VP part, part number VPS06811 Its a direct bolt on to the cage.

@ zidaro Great look twin hammer really like the skins!
grunt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:09 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Boom, thanks. Purchased it and will install as soon as it arrives. I didn't read their website closely enough.
MeanTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:43 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Are you going to run dual rear shocks on this.
onecool54@yahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:57 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

I don't know how to pronounce the hammer's name... so I'll just call it Mew-Mew like the girl from the Thor movies. Lol

Looks good man, lots of smart upgrades. I hope to get a Hammers myself some day.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:11 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

It's kind of tricky to explane how to say Mjölnir, since I can't think of any english word that uses the similar pronunciation as the letter Ö, and you don't have that letter. But the closest I can think of is "ehh" So then the phonetics for Mjølnir will be Mjehhlnir. Btw Mjølner is Norwegian way to write it, means "The one who pulverizes and crushes to dust"

To stay true to the theme you should have graphics of Mjölnir and Þór, maybe his goats to. And of course lightning.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited by AngelowDoom; 04-02-2014 at 07:40 PM.
AngelowDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:19 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

And please don't compare the Thor movies with the Norse god saga, it is based of a comic and not the saga, and it's just a ridiculous, pimped up, Hollywoodifyed version. Btw my name is Tor, or Þór as written in Norse.

Last edited by AngelowDoom; 04-02-2014 at 07:28 PM.
AngelowDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:01 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt95 View Post
It looks like he is using the VP part, part number VPS06811 Its a direct bolt on to the cage.
@ zidaro Great look twin hammer really like the skins!
you got it! Direct bolt up from VP. Have not tested its strength yet, but its a decent light. Foresee a M.O.R.E. lighting upgrade though to pump some serious lumens out into the night sky
and thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecool54@yahoo View Post
Are you going to run dual rear shocks on this.
Not sure at this point, but made no sense to get the trailing arms in a single shock version when it can be had with no consequence in a double.
Seems to handle rough terrain quite well right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelowDoom View Post
It's kind of tricky to explane how to say Mjölnir, since I can't think of any english word that uses the similar pronunciation as the letter Ö, and you don't have that letter. But the closest I can think of is "ehh" So then the phonetics for Mjølnir will be Mjehhlnir. Btw Mjølner is Norwegian way to write it, means "The one who pulverizes and crushes to dust"

To stay true to the theme you should have graphics of Mjölnir and Þór, maybe his goats to. And of course lightning.

Id love to have a Goats n Lightening graphic theme!!! that would surely confuse some people

BTW- Norway is amazing! Was traveling thru a few years ago and loved the country, people, culture.

Mjollnir !! - Thors Hammer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Rusty Hammer rustykaos Vaterra Twin Hammers 1 11-21-2013 11:50 PM
my Hammer menotyou Vaterra Twin Hammers 2 05-06-2013 06:56 PM
My Hammer so far. MR.VERTICAL Vaterra Twin Hammers 56 04-13-2013 09:43 PM
New Hammer Mods blumaro Vaterra Twin Hammers 6 03-04-2013 08:03 PM
V's Hammer Vertec Vaterra Twin Hammers 13 02-26-2013 10:06 AM