Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: New Twin Hammers Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2016, 07:04 PM   #1

Default New Twin Hammers Problem

Just got a V2 twin hammers and after two days of running (4 2000 packs) the transmission won't shift into low range. It just makes an electric whining noise. Upon further inspection taking the buggy cage off I noticed the servo linkage just slides alittle on the shaft coming out of the servo but doesn't engage. I did shift while moving or throttling like I have read about but no where in the instructions did it mention anything about engaging when stopped or any addendum included. As a matter of fact the manual doesn't really explain or give you any mechanical Instructions for this model. Anyone have any input?
steenroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2016, 07:47 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New Twin Hammers Problem

Hi.

If you can move it by hand (to confirm it'd not locked/broken) look at the first sticky thread about setting you endpoints. Check they are OK.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Spunkybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:11 PM   #3

It seems as if the shifting servo is whining trying to move but it is locked up and stuck in high range. Is there any remedy to unfreezing the servo?
steenroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:17 PM   #4

Try removing the linkage to test servo,they are known to fry with the endpoints off
Dick Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 04:56 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

The shitty standard servo wear out easily(is a very low cost servo..).
If the servo is broken change it and do this modify:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBofyrd8NjA
I've done it(but I've used springs instead of rubber tubes) and it works perfectly.
Servos on the RTR Twin Hammers are the weak point of the machine,change the steering servo too,and if your budget permit mount a GCM/maxbonv/Irie products plate with steering linkage that eliminates the plastic connection rod.
Theese are the best upgrade to do on the car. ;)
The_NightRider is offline   Reply With Quote

New Twin Hammers Problem - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
!!HELP!!Twin hammers shifting problem tomb0118 Newbie General 14 02-16-2018 12:50 PM
Twin Hammers cage on SCX chassis bouncer conversion aka Bounce Hammers! mce076 1.9 Scale Rigs 36 07-25-2015 02:16 AM
Problem with my Twin Hammers- Insight Needed smog Vaterra Twin Hammers 9 09-21-2014 11:39 PM
My Twin...Twin Hammers build start sanny632 Vaterra Twin Hammers 8 03-09-2014 12:01 PM
I've got this problem. My son wants a Twin Hammers... DeoreDX General Crawlers 9 02-10-2014 06:02 AM