Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Josborne024's first Twin Hammer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2017, 03:47 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Josborne024's first Twin Hammer

After a long break form the hobby I decided to get back in . I've always liked the KOH style of rigs well that and bouncers and truggys but that's another's story .

So with that said I picked up two Twin Hammer RTR's one for me and one for my 7 year old son .

Did some research and found some upgrades that I liked for mine . My son was asked if he wanted any upgrades and at the time he said no to my surprise . So I got on the old inter web and started my search and remembered that I had a account on here and what better place to find info on an rc than here .

So I've picked up an GCM tower plate , IRIE bell crank steering set up , rc4wd king shocks , gearhead 1.9 trail king wheels and proline 1.9 TSL XL's so far . More to come soon I'm sure .

Would like to add a scale radiator , race nets and some vanquish trailing arms soon .

Well as I'm writing this the 12 year old daughter is driving my sons Hammers more than he is and she like to spend all the time she can with me and she's pretty good with control so why no . My sons stuck on his iPad most of the time but that's ok by me he has medical issues and being outside to long gets to him and he gets tired quick so for now there sharing the 2nd hammer .

Just some pics for the two Hammers and a short vid of me from today in the back yard on a track I've started to make .

The short Video
https://youtu.be/tyQG0LzeKM0
josborne024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2017, 07:49 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Josborne024's first Twin Hammer

The combination of white panels, blue King shocks and those wheels look really good. I'm jealous of your wheels and shocks, I'd like to have those on mine. What are the sizes of the shocks you're using?

I found that my son has been very, very gradually getting into rock racing/crawling. I started him at 5, and now at 8 he's beginning to ask to drive my Twin Hammers without me prompting him. He drives it like a rock bouncer, whereas I prefer to crawl with it. A year or so ago, I thought he'd never get into it, but he's slowly getting there. My 8 year old daughter also likes the rock crawlers, but she doesn't like the track days (indoor clay, shortcourse racing) which my son and I enjoy.

Keep up the building, and the family fun! You've put some nice parts on it so far.

Last edited by Fallen; 03-27-2017 at 08:43 PM.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:43 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
The combination of while panels, blue King shocks and those wheels look really good. I'm jealous of your wheels and shocks, I'd like to have those on mine. What are the sizes of the shocks you're using?

I found that my son has been very, very gradually getting into the rock racing/crawling. I started him at 5, and now at 8 he's beginning to ask to drive my Twin Hammers without me prompting him. He drives it like a rock bouncer, whereas I prefer to crawl with it. A year or so, I thought he'd never get into it, but he's slowly getting there. My 8 year old daughter also likes the rock crawlers, but she doesn't like the track days (indoor clay, shortcourse racing) which my son and I enjoy.

Keep up the building, and the family fun! You've put some nice parts on it so far.

I have the 90mm in front with 5mm internal limiters as per what GCM said to use and the 110mm in the rear . I like being able to go slow and tackle the rocks that I have here in the back yard then leaving the corse and zipping around the yard and back to the corse . I would like to find one of those rc4wd rear axle housings but there hard to come by . So for no I'll drive what I got lol .
josborne024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Great to get your kids involved with positive hobby like RC, there are several girls and women at many of the gtg and comps that I've been to these days! You've built a nicely setup TH, looks like nice terrain, and how's the track coming along?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote