Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Chuck's Wagon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2017, 09:47 AM   #1
Slow is the new Fast

Default Chuck's Wagon

Put together another VTH in what little spare time I have. I love this hobby, just wish I had more time to really throw myself into it. Some of the more interesting parts for this thing came from members on this forum, and I am more than happy to jump in and give parts a go when members make the effort. This buggy features a few of those pieces, so thanks go out to those who took the time to design them.

Went with a Charlie Brown theme on this rig, an all-time favorite.
Suspension
This one features a modified suspension front and rear.

In the rear I have the Blue Monkey adjustable upper shock mount with extended upper links and Yeti VP aluminum trailing arms. The drive shaft is an MIP, +1 that were produced for this kit. The coil overs themselves are 110mm RC4WD King Branded.

The front suspension features the Dbx designed Shock Mount and Steering Crank. It is supported again by RC4WD King Coil overs.

Electronics

Castle Mamba X ESC
Turnigy Trackstar 10.5T brushless sensored motor
Spektrum 6030 Steering Servo

Transmission

Metal Gear Transmission
2 speed locked in High Gear.
stock 78T spur with a 28T pinion

Wheels 'n Tires

RC4WD 1.9 TSL Bogger Super Swampers(I love the tall and skinnies)
Mickey Thompson Classic Lock, Knock Off wheels

Bumpers

Stinger front bumper(picked up from rccrawler local DiSpencer)

As it sits the buggy flies level over the jumps. With lighter soft batteries does well on mild crawling and technical trails.

Thanks for checking it out!

Last edited by smog; 06-27-2017 at 03:38 AM.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2017, 10:57 AM   #2
Slow is the new Fast

Default Re: Chuck's Wagon

The 10.5T motor has been drawing some serious juice. ( This rig just shreds with all the power and the boggers). With the BM rear shock tower relocation and the girth of the king coil overs I had in this thing, I was only fitting a trimmed up battery tray in the back. Sadly It only accommodated only the small batts. The short run times weren't doing it for me. Soooooo...

I decided to try the AMF battery tray. It's design allowed me to remove the rear upper shock mount all together and use it as the mounting point itself. So the upper shock mount IS the aluminum battery tray.

The whole thing puts more weight in the back than I would prefer, but Chuck is still huckin' it well. The crawling? Time will tell. I don't generally take this if I am hitting the rocks.

Last edited by smog; 08-21-2017 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:30 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Rig looks great SMOG. I'm glad the battery tray worked out. How's the stinger holding up for you? Also, your V2 stingers should be on their way soon. Looks great.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Di_Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:46 AM   #4
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di_Spencer View Post
Rig looks great SMOG. I'm glad the battery tray worked out. How's the stinger holding up for you? Also, your V2 stingers should be on their way soon. Looks great.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
The battery tray is great, thanks for sending it over. I have busted a couple of the stock ones over the years but I don't see that happening to this one.

The stinger has been solid so far. It has taken a couple of good whacks but not broken. It's size fits the front end well, it doesn't appear to protrude enough to make it vulnerable.

Look forward to v2!
Old 09-22-2017, 05:24 PM   #5
Slow is the new Fast

Raw Short, testing, testing, 123...

Last edited by smog; 09-22-2017 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:00 PM   #6
Slow is the new Fast

I picked up a thrift store Twin Hammers awhile back that looked like it was either stomped on by an angry boot or backed over by dad’s car. Being the kind man that I am, I pulled the mangled and abused buggy off the shelf and took it home. After tests no, it Turned out The Two Speed Trans and was solid and the electronics were working, BONUS! It didn’t seem likely.

The cage was crushed, being snapped in about 5 or 6 places. The front end had suffered somebodies half-assed attempt to epoxy it back together. It looked pretty abused.

As I tore into it I decided I would just throw a new front end on it, which I have done. I gave it some brand spanking new GMade diaphragm shocks, a GCM upright shock tower and a Scorched Parts bell-crank.

I had also been sitting on a lexan Sand Scorcher body for a couple of years. I had always wanted to put on a TH, so I figured it was time to get ‘er done. I have been fixated on the TH for a few years, but my interest is moving in the direction of the two Ascenders I have acquired in the past 6 months.

Anyway got my Bugged-Out Twin Hammers put together. If it wasn’t winter here I would get some pics of it out running, but the weather here isn’t great for running RC’s right now. It is great weather for cellar dwelling however.

Here are a few pics of it:
Old 01-07-2018, 09:02 PM   #7
Slow is the new Fast

Old 01-07-2018, 09:13 PM   #8

What is the textured appearance from on chuks wagon? Bedliner?
brokemudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:18 PM   #9
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokemudder View Post
What is the textured appearance from on chuks wagon? Bedliner?
On the body panels? I sprinkled ground salt between paint layers

Chuck's Wagon - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project B.A. Power Wagon (Bad A** Power Wagon) freetimecrawler 1.9 Scale Rigs 1 12-30-2018 07:19 AM
1964 Dodge Power Wagon Town Wagon bodean 1.9 Scale Rigs 32 05-29-2015 11:02 AM
Chuck's XR10, Top Secret gottwins? Axial XR10 30 10-01-2012 12:32 PM
Yet another G wagon tiggaatl 1.9 Scale Rigs 5 04-04-2008 12:11 PM