Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market

Notices

Thread: TEAM TCS Driver in the spotlight - KAMIKAZE/Jeff Williams II - www.TCScrawlers.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default TEAM TCS Driver in the spotlight - KAMIKAZE/Jeff Williams II - www.TCScrawlers.com

Biography:Jeff Williams II, 26 years old

Interests:RC rock crawling, pushing the envelope
Certified Welder, CNC Machinist, Panasonic Welding Robot Programmer at Columbia Machine Works

How did you get into RC Rock crawling?
I saw a nylint and realized they sucked and then found RCC. After that it was all over! I built a lot of trucks, settled on my super after 3 tries, tweaked on it for over a year. When the OCM came out I jumped on it, and build a niche for myself as a vendor designing chassis.

Favorite spot to crawl:
RxCrawler’s house, the Columbia Rock Quarry and my back yard.

RC Crawler specifications Super:
    • Chassis: Copperhead Tube chassis by Kamikaze Kustoms
    • Electronics: DX-6, 2 mamba max, 2 5995 hitec servos, castle bec (7.4volts) BR6000 RX, 5000 mah 4 cell lipo
    • Tires and Rims: Panther Plowboys, XTM Thorns, Kamikaze Kustom 14mm aluminum CVD hex's
    • Engine/motor: 30t KK lathes
    • Body: Yeah right...
RC Crawler specifications 2.2:
    • Chassis: Zero 4.0 chassis by Kamikaze Kustoms
    • Electronics: Mamba Max, Castle bec, Hitec 7955, ratshack switches DX3R, 4 cell 1100 mah lipo
    • Tires and Rims: Mayhem wheels, Panther SS Cougars
    • Engine/motor: 35t KK lathes
    • Body: Losi Grappler, painted by Crawler Graphics

RC Crawler specifications 1.9:
    • Chassis: Zero MRC by Kamikaze Kustoms
    • Electronics: Hitec 5995 servo, Castle BEC, DX3R
    • Tires and Rims: Mayhem 1.9 7’s w/ star rings, Panther Cobra 1.9’s
    • Engine/motor: Novak 18.5T Mongoose,
    • Body: Losi Mini Grappler, painted by Crawler Graphics

What products from TCS Crawlers do you use the most and would recommend/why?

Definitely the DX-6! Probably the perfect radio for a super class truck. The Copperhead chassis, of course. I love the mamba max for sure and the castle bec is the best thing ever in my opinion. I run alot of aluminum in my axles along with cvd's, they take what I can dish out most of the time, but I am a little rough. I run JP knuckles, Thundertec CVD's, integy tubes, integy gears, and stock housings.

KAMIKAZE's Line strategies and tips:

Know what your rig is going to do before it does it. Never be afraid to floor it.

Here are some things you might have wanted to know about Kamikaze but never really cared to ask:

What does your Screen name mean?
Well, back in high school I played allot of sports, soccer in particular. I was a keeper, and a reckless one at that. I got in a lot of hard collisions, got a lot of concussions, and broke a lot of bones, which earned me the nickname Kamikaze, it just stuck.

What person do you trust the most?
Without a doubt, my wife! She has always been there for me through thick and thin. Anything I have ever needed she has been there in any way possible. Now with the business going strong I don’t know what I would do without her.

If you could go back and change one day what would it be?
Not a thing. I am a firm believer that life’s experience’s make us who we are, and I am proud to be who I am.

What’s the one thing that you want the readers to know about you?
I guess I would just want people to know that I am a really laid back guy and that I am easy to get along with. I think that I am a good representative of SERCRC and what we try to do for the crawling world in general. I try and set good examples through sportsmanship and overall attitude.

What do you see yourself as being in 5 years from now?
A retired lottery winner………

I want to thank all of those people that make it possible for me to do what I do; I couldn’t do it without your support. In no particular order:
TCS Crawlers, Panther Tires, Mayhem Eng, Holmes Hobbies, RCCrawlergraphics, Vanquish Products, DNA, and RcCrawler.com.

TLTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links